Damn stickers

ck5.0

Reaction score
I bought my 96 used (only one previous owner). On the back its got a jerry's ford sticker that seems to have found itself a home on my truck lid. Any suggestions on taking it off.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
well if its been there since 96 id almost be tempted to leave it, but get a hot air gun or just use a hair blowdryer warm it up then peel it from one of the corners slowly, dont get it too hot but nice and warm, you should be able to tell its easy. once its off use some 'paint cleaner' to polish it, to get any gunk off, also you might want to polish the area around to blend it since your car is red and we all know how red fades. paint cleaner is awesome on old or oxidised paint.

OP
OP
C

ck5.0

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips Matt. I was a little concerned about it because I assume it has been there since 96. But I can't roll with a damn Jerry's on the back of my car.

S

scarface

you will probably be able to see it still once the sticker is removed unless you cut the shit out of the paint with compound.

ALITL8

Reaction score
scarface said:
you will probably be able to see it still once the sticker is removed unless you cut the shit out of the paint with compound.

what he said :)

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had those rocker decal things on my car, I took them off, and there are no traces or discoloration

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If it's that old, the paint will probably be brighter behind it :)

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
i used a sharp razor blade to take off my stickers, it takes time but it came off without scratches

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010