Damnit, Im getting pissed of with this rattling...

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
My 2 12" subs rattle the shit outta my car and its getting me pissed. First off, the black rubber head rest thing that goes on top of the back seats rattles, like the back part does because for some reason it doesnt fit right?? And the trunk panels, like are loose, and I can't get them to stay!

Heres a pic of what I mean. See the top rubber thing above the seat? Look in the left hand corner to see how high it sits. WTF!

dddddd.jpg

How can I solve this problem? :comando:

S

scarface

take out your subs and get louder exhaust. Thats what I did. There wasnt enough dynomat to make mine stop rattling with 2 15's, so I just removed them and instaled meth injection tank in its place :)

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well my exhaust is pretty damn loud now, any louder and it will be that obnoxiously loud LM1 sound :puke: or something close to it. I like music though :-\

Foster98GT

Reaction score
First tell me how the hell did you get that box in yer trunk? You must have removed the Mach 460 amps?

S

scarface

Foster98GT said:
First tell me how the hell did you get that box in yer trunk? You must have removed the Mach 460 amps?
he used some magic dust man! Nah, he made a custom box,and stripped out the interior...lol

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Foster98GT said:

It was a fuggin nightmare. First I tired taking the amps out, and putting it in. That didnt work. So I had to customize another box to fit with the amp rack. Then I had to sawzall shit outta the way and loosen some bolts here, and hit it with a hammer there... heres some pics

DSC00067.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

DSC00120.jpg

DSC00130.jpg

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
you and your damn sawzall ;D . Do all the sound deadening possible and make sure everything is tight. That is why i only plan on getting a single 10. Some bass but not all the damn rattling (not as bad anyways). I think there is a gap there no matter what (maybe not as bad as yours hard to tell from pic)

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Mines worse Im sure of it. I can basically pull up on the back of the rubber head rest thing. Grrr

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Dam, I want 2 12s But i dont think im gonna go through that to get it. My 1 12in has to do it for now.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
hmmmm how come you guys are putting your subs facing the front of the car? I have always faced mine towards the back.

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've heard if you face them towards the rear they will sound better. I only faced mine towards the front because I had no choice. I'd rather have had them point the other direction.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I dunno how you can have a bigger gap. Are the 2 bolts tight? Maybe loosen them and try and bring it down and then tighten it back up?

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
I tried everything. Next Im fukkin super glueing the back side down. GRRRRR I wanna sell it already!!!!!

G

GREG@SN95

get some rubber material to put between the plastic and whatever the fuck its bolted to

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
you drive a mustang..you fix one rattle, then anothe rone will show up...just turn up the tunes and keep it around 3000 RPMs... ;D

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
take the subs out, that should fix the rattles. i mean WTF do you need all that BASS for?

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Cause I like my music like I like my women, loud and bassy

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yep well, it doesnt really matter to me since my car probally runs 20's in the 1/4th without the speakers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online