Damnit man!!!!!!

Quick96Mystic

Reaction score
I need to change my clutch and i have absolutely no idea on how the hell im gonna remove this headers!

Does anyone have a write up on how to take these BBK LT headers off???? I installed them when the motor was out and it's so narrow in the engine bay that i'm worried i wont be able to remove them with the motor in the car!!

help me!!!! :help2:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
when the guy did the clutch in mine, he said he just used some tie downs to move them just barely enough out of the way to get the tranny out and then released them back right after he dropped it out....good thing he told me this after he did it or i would have been scared shitless beforehand that they would break, but almost a year later, they are still there and are fine. :dunno:

OP
OP
Q

Quick96Mystic

Reaction score
I had a feeling that's how people are doing it but my heads are aluminum (including eveything else on the damn motor :hammer: ) and i dont wanna fock anything up by forcing the headers towards one direction

Rantheman

Reaction score
not sure on yours but on mine I was able to turn the trans sideways and it slide out between my headers but I have flowtechs

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
damn i didnt know you had to do that on the mod motors....that blows

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
support your engine and drop the k man. i did this by myself when i put my longtubes on. not too bad, you can have the k out in a couple hours. then from there lower the engine a tad and loosen and remove the headers then unbolt the tranny.

ripper

Reaction score
ju015dd said:
support your engine and drop the k man. i did this by myself when i put my longtubes on. not too bad, you can have the k out in a couple hours. then from there lower the engine a tad and loosen and remove the headers then unbolt the tranny.

Big 10-4 on this one :thumb:

S

scarface

yep, I dropped the K, removed the headers, then dropped the tranny :)

I did it by myself also. O0

scootin95gts

Reaction score
hey rantheman im looking into buying some shorties how are your flowtech lt's ar they good quality?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
yep, I dropped the K, removed the headers, then dropped the tranny :)

I did it by myself also. O0

same way the speed shop did my 98GT and my 99Cobra

OP
OP
Q

Quick96Mystic

Reaction score
I've dropped the K on my car before but that was for the motor swap, when you guys dropped the K.. how much did you drop it and did you disconnect the harness??

S

scarface

I dropped it all the way, removed the headers, then bolted it back up with the 4 big bolts. I wanted to use it to support the engine so I could use my jack on the tranny.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online