Darn guess a clutch is now on my shopping list...DEJAVOU?!

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well tonight I was bored commin home, went for a nice rip at night around the back roads. Stopped to do a brakestand for the hell of it, did a pretty good one (its a bit harder after installing the mach1 pedals) anyways later on down the road I went for another tryed to get some good distance marks on it, tires were spinning at first then I noticed that they didnt seem to be spinning much more. Took off...then I start to smell that good old smell (clutch)...

So how long do u think I have till I need a new one, guess I shouldnt do any burnouts...assuming there really bad on a clutch vs just ripping thru the gears?

BUT the trippy part is, about 3 years ago I had a 91 LX 5.0, I did a brakestand in the same spot one night, smelled the same thing, then a few months later my clutch went, but that stang deff slipped quite a bit more. But how weird is that, first time both clutches smoked on both stangs were @ the exact same spot. lol.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
im worried about my clutch going out now since I just spent 1300 on my parts and bodywork :-[

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
that is a lil weird but just i case i would save up some money and get a spec 3 or something heavy duty

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
I was thinking just king cobra, but I do plan to add a kenne bell so mabye saving up for a nice spec would be a good idea.

center force dual friction :laugh:

rgs

Reaction score
matt im happy with my king cobra, and it says its good to 400ft lbs

97vertstang

Reaction score
i been inside a king cobra and a spec stage 1, and will tell u their both great pieces. i think a spec stage 3 will be awesome.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
97vertstang said:
i been inside a king cobra and a spec stage 1, and will tell u their both great pieces. i think a spec stage 3 will be awesome.

I ran the king in my 95GT and it always worked well, and then changed over to Center force.

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
hey snake is that what you have a centerforce??.. if so how does it feel?? is it a hard clutch???

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
SvtBlack95 said:
hey snake is that what you have a centerforce??.. if so how does it feel?? is it a hard clutch???

no not in my Cobra I have now, I guess its stock :dunno: Its holding fine now and has not given me any trouble in the 6 months I've had it so..............

I had it in my 95 and my 91 GT's they were a little harder than stock pedal feel but nothing that would cause problems speed / or power shifting, the holding power was phenomenal MUCH better than the King Cobra I did have in my 95, but for double the price it should be. ::)

I should also mention that was the last clutch that was in my 95 until I sold in a year or so later, and in my 91 it lasted about a year and that was with regular once a month trips to the strip for at least 10 passes so it held up quite well.

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
kool cuz i was thinkin centerforce fromyself also but didnt know anyone using them they ll go for the spec 3 around where i live... i have always loved centerforce dual clutch on all my cars and i think i have one in my stang cuz i have had my stang for almost 3 years now and clutch still feels awesome and i kno its not a king cobra or stock one

d_punch

Reaction score
i've had a king in my car for about 4-5 years no real problems. Matt if you had a CF dual friction in the fox, then i would get that for the 95.

S

scarface

Matt, Stay away from that spot!..lol

I run a centerforce clutch, the pedal doesnt seem stiff to me? but I may just be used to it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99