Dash cluster and console lights now working

Nick Foster

Reaction score
Hello all, unfortunately as the title says, my dash cluster and console lights are out. Everything else works just fine though. I wonder if maybe its connected to the stereo setup I have: (of which i did not install) two 12 inch subs (i hardly use them though). Any and all advice is welcome!

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
What they said, but also check your headlight knob. When pulled, you can control brightness by twisting the knob. All the way one way will dim them completely, though, over time and wear, if you try to turn the brightness up all the way, it may still turn off/go dim.

OP
OP
N

Nick Foster

Reaction score
What they said, but also check your headlight knob. When pulled, you can control brightness by twisting the knob. All the way one way will dim them completely, though, over time and wear, if you try to turn the brightness up all the way, it may still turn off/go dim.
Turns out this was the issue. I am in fact, just a dumbass

07GtS197

Reaction score
Don’t feel too bad, when I brought home my 02 gt I noticed the headlights didn’t work. I checked everything only to find out the brights were on but it had single beam hids so the lights just turned off when the switch was pushed forward lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PinkieT

Reaction score
I had the same issue. Fuses good, everything worked, but the dash was dark. I had an overnight trip the next day so had no choice but to drive it up to my mechanic. They had a good laugh at my expense! I had wiped down the dash and accidently moved the thumbwheel that controls the dash light brightness all the way dark. Here's my sign... o_O

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
Yes. Own the car long enough, and I believe we will all have been there. In fact, that’s why I suggested it. We’ve all been there. If it makes you feel better, once I took my car out to the lake to take some pictures. I was unhappy with the positioning of the steering wheel, so I centered it. Once I was done with the photo shoot though, I was stranded! I could not start the car! Something was wrong with the ignition! I couldn’t turn the key!

I was alone, by myself, 18yo girl in the dark ages. In other words, my cell phone could place calls, if it could find a tower, and charge you by the minute, but that was pretty much all the phone could do. So I called my father and told him the situation. Assuming he would have to come rescue me, I was very skeptical that he could help me out over the phone. But he suggested that I try to turn the wheel, which had somehow locked itself, while trying to start it, and sure enough, it worked! Imagine if I had called AAA or something!

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
If you haven't done so already, take the time to inspect the condition of the harness connector for the headlight switch. These are notorious for overheating and melting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online