Dash Light ?

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
How much of a pain in the ass is it to replace dash light bulbs? Do you have to pull out the gauge cluster? I have a couple lights out that I need to replace.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
From my Chilton's Repair Manual

1. Remove the instrument cluster, then remove the instrument cluster light bulbs from the back of the cluster.

That is the very first step. so take on the whole cluster out and by the looks of the pictures and what its saying, you can just flip it to the back and replace the bulbs.

In the figure it says "Once the cluster is removed, the illumination guage bulbs can be replaced with good ones, if necessary.

Hope it helps you! :)

OP
OP
U

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thats perfect, thanks Tex. I figured that was how it was done but I did not want to experiment, and brake things.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
not hard i have removed mine and reinstalled mine numerous times. just follow what try said and you will be ok

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
not hard i have removed mine and reinstalled mine numerous times. just follow what try said and you will be ok

**Trey :)

:gtfo:

97blackgt

Reaction score
uncltrvlnmatt said:
How much of a pain in the ass is it to replace dash light bulbs? Do you have to pull out the gauge cluster? I have a couple lights out that I need to replace.
If you dont mind me asking where did you find the bulbs and how much were they?

S

scarface

back in the day before they made bulb sleaves to change the bulb color, I used different color markers :)

OP
OP
U

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
97blackgt said:
uncltrvlnmatt said:
If you dont mind me asking where did you find the bulbs and how much were they?

I did not buy any yet. I will check with Advance first. If they don't have them I will go to the Ford dealer. I will post up the price when I get them.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i wouldnt buy the ones from advance, you can find decent ones on ebay for much cheaper...and its like 4 or 5 bolts then take out the cluster and on the back just twist out each bulb holder and replace bulbs and screw it back in.

97WhitePony

Reaction score
superbriteleds.com has all the lights youll ever need! They even have a chart for the conversions for the bubls!!! I have them in my license plate lights, dash, and turn signals...

NewPics090.jpg

NewPics096.jpg

NewPics094.jpg

The cluster is a white face gauge overlay... with the stock "white" bulbs the cluster appears green, this is due to the yellow hue of the incandescent bulbs. The WHITE LEDs put out a tru white, thus making the face glow the blue that it is suposed to. The AC controls have blue LEDs behind them, this makes the whole thing glow blue, im not really that worried about the HEAT being blue also. There is another option if that bugs you. The 99 and up cobras have BLUE HVAC controls...! Also, i was tired of my clock being green, so i put my blue radar detector up there, just no pics of that yet! Hope that helps... All the bulbs were plug and play btw

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
which LED's did you buy and what was the MCD on them?

wait do you go to the LED Products page and then they make them for cars and stuff? i didn't see that. give me some info on what you bought because i want to do this!

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
TxCobrA98 said:
which LED's did you buy and what was the MCD on them?

wait do you go to the LED Products page and then they make them for cars and stuff? i didn't see that. give me some info on what you bought because i want to do this!
id like to do this as well but i want more of a neon green effect.

97blackgt

Reaction score
since they are LED's, must be kinda pricey for how small the bulb is?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online