data logging and tuning with a laptop

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
I know anderson PMS units are useable with laptops. I'd like to find out what the selection is for dataloggers and tuners that are accessible through laptops and all. Any help?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
The SCT xcal 2 supports datalogging, with the pro racer package you can tune it yourself.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I have an AEM EMS, which has allows full control of your engine electronics as well as datalogging. It also has some cool stuff built it like a progressive boost controller, and several outputs which can be used for all sorts of things like controlling multi-stage nitrous kits and such.

Also, it is relatively easy to install vs something like a FAST XFI or Big Stuff 3, but not as easy to use IMHO.

Paul.

ripper

Reaction score
Jrgunn5150 said:
The SCT xcal 2 supports datalogging, with the pro racer package you can tune it yourself.

But what it doesnt give you is a/f ratio. You need a wideband for that.

The units that use tailpipe sticks imo arent as good as the units that use the o2 sensor replacement.

My tuner uses the replacemant. He revs engine to a spec rpm then shuts car off. ( this is a non dyno street tune ). He then clicks his laptop and your powerband comes up. If you look very close you will see it isnt smooth. Lots of little upa and downs. He uses his cursor to straighten out these little dips then does it again. He repeats this process till he has a nice smooth curve then moves on to the next rpm range. Ive never watched him do wot so this may be different. Im almost positive he uses the sct program. But he also uses a wideband a/f at the same time. This method is probubly ok for n/a cars but for power adders I wouldnt trust it.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
My car was tuned using he same method, I don't know alot about the new SCT Livewire, but I do know it supports wideband O2, and I don't see why it wouldn't also support datalogging.

MikeF

Reaction score
i HAVE A MOATES QUARTERHORSE HARDWARE.I purchased thr software from clint over on eec analizer EA and BE.You can datalog and make real time tune changes but the learning curve is steep to me.it sells for 250$ and if you get both software at same time its 130$ and it registers to your pc# so its only good on your car and pc.its a great little piece.chech out maotes.net

blown98gt

Reaction score
sct, data log anything from boost to a/f to whatever you want plus you can tune with it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.