DDR Racings 95 GT convertible. *UPDATED 11/20/08*

ddrracing

Reaction score
Well I've had this car for about a year now, and everything is starting to come together for the build i have been planning since day 1.  Heres a little history on the car.

I bought the car in October of 07 after i finally got probably on of the best jobs a guy could right out of school. I figured in celebration of my new acheivement, (  and the death of my previous car, a Talon TSI AWD running 25 P.s.i.) i decided to buy myself a Mustang. I've always been a ford guy, and especially a mustang guy. My father and brother and I restored a 67 fastback when i was young, and have been wanting one ever since. What i found was my 95 convertible that came straight from california. Up here in wisconsin, thats a pretty big deal, seeing as our harsh winters really eat aways cars. It had came with some aftermarket Borbet wheels, a CAI and a slightly modified/butchered exhaust. All in all VERY clean though.

I've been racing circle track cars for about 5 years now, and it gets pretty apparent that the knowledge and parts spill over from that part of my life, into my street car! Basically, any part that is either a spare or extra for the Late Model and either fits, or can be fabricated to fit, is put in it.  Thats where the idea for my newest project came in. We have always ran Windsor stuff in the past but recently switch to the 347 platform.  Seems their was an abundance of 351W Hi-Perf parts laying around the shop that needed a home. Needless to say i have the perfect place, and its going to make one fun damn street car. Here are the Specs on the engine.

blueprinted 1969 351W shortblock (zero balance w/ ATI super dampner)
4.042 Bore/3.500 stroke
360 C.I.
10.5:1 Compression
Stock Windsor Crank
Stock Shotpeened Rods
SRP Hyper Pistons
Ford Racing HI-Volume oil pump
Comp cams 35-626-5 w/ solid lifters
Intake Lift .562  Duration 248.0
Exhaust Lift .578   Duration 252.0

Ford motorsports N351 Heads w/ mild port and oversize valves
Ford Motorsports SVO N351 Roller Rockers
Comp cams valve springs
Holley 650CFM 4BBl Carb
Edelbrock Performer RPM intake

I'm first going to attempt to run this behind a T-5, which im sure wont last very long, but from their am going to a ford S-ROD Trans, which is a 3Sp OD out of the mid 80's trucks.

i just got the engine back from the machine shop last night so im pretty damn happy right now, but if only i had everything gathered up already.............

I figured i would  make a build thread to follow my progress for you guys, and ill be posting up some nice pics of the engine tonite!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Re: DDR Racings 95 GT convertible.

sounds like a great car to start with!
sweet project you've got there. I like build threads.

you running a carb on that 351 or what?
also curious, why a 351 over a 302 or 331?

OP
OP
D

ddrracing

Reaction score

i am running a carb on this engine to start with, just because i have the complete engine. I do however down the road plan on going with an aftermarket engine management, but havent decided which one.

I chose the 351W because of its ridgeness and longevity. Thats also why i chose a '69 block over a new block. I've seen 302 based engines make terrible carnage, but never seem to have a problem with the windsor motors.

Also, today i just sold of the N351 heads :crying: I couldnt pass up the price, so i opted to pick up a set of E351 heads for half of what i sold them for. Should be pretty equivelant, and now i dnt have to buy N specific Rockers! :bunny3:

OP
OP
D

ddrracing

Reaction score
Motor Pics
351-1.jpg

351-2.jpg

351-3.jpg

351-4.jpg

351-5.jpg

OP
OP
D

ddrracing

Reaction score

Update:
In the past few months, I've gotten a few things done. Managed to get the 3.73's with carbon disc Trac-loc rebuild put in, Got a real good deal on some saleen graphics for the side (really accents the car nicely) and am currently putting in the stock ford keyless entry system ( a special thanks to Javi for that)

Also gathered up some more parts.
110 GPH Electric In-line fuel pump
Moroso Remote mount oil filter and sandwich adapter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online