Deadliest Catch

Foster98GT

Reaction score
This is my favorite show. There no other reality show that comes close to this. For those who have never seen it, its about fishing on the Bering Sea. You think fishing id boring, not the way these guys do it. Anybody else watch it? Its on Discovery Channel...........Right Now!

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Oh definitely, that show is AWESOME, really shines some light on the profession.

I'm sure its gonna be the Fast and the Furious reaction for alot of young guys (OMG THATS COOL I WANNA DO THAT).

But what they dont realize is that Alaskan crab fishing is one of the tightest/hardest professions to get into, basicly you HAVE TO know
somebody to get into it and/or get anywhere with it.

Its also one of the most dangerous. It ranks in the top 5 most dangerous jobs in the world even above being a police officer!

I've always wanted to get into it because regardless of the obvious risk to your life, at least 20k for a couple of months work = YEAH BOI! :eek:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Oh yea I watch it, its really good. I love the end when they say how much of a cut each crew member got from those BIG totals :pimp:

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Hey i didnt get to watch the last episode, was the guy that died from any of the ships featured on the show? :(

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
im a fan of that show too, did you see the episode last season where the guy fell overboard and they rescued him? that was pretty sweet

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
bigjohnson4.6gt said:
im a fan of that show too, did you see the episode last season where the guy fell overboard and they rescued him? that was pretty sweet
That guy was extremely lucky they got him back onboard. When yer body hits that cold warter your drowning in less that 5 min.(i think)

rick focks

Post Whore
Reaction score
when i was in college they were always recruiting for the fishing season...I went to school in south east texas....

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Its on again, and SIG and the crew are catching it all!

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
That sucks about Phils boat. They sent the wrong prop or something. I think he said they're around 35K a piece!!

Hicks

Reaction score
love the show!!! :dancing6:

For some reason its addictive lol

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
alright, now does anyone watch the deadliest catch in High Definition? It makes the show 400x better

White_5.0_GT

Reaction score
:lol:

haha...hell yea dude that show is sick...i also like to watch shark week when it comes on...i always find myself really in the zone when they're on haha

ripper

Reaction score
I worked on my neighbors long line boat out of puerto rico once. We were out for a month and ran into 2 storms. Had survival suits on one night when generator quit. Scary shit. One minute you see nuthin but water all around you, the next minute nothing but sky lol. We were in 30-40 foot seas. Fishing was awesome we got swordfish and tuna and i made almost 9k in 4 weeks. We had alot of tuna that went export. That means straight to japan. $$$$$$$$$

S

sn95shelby

deadliest catch is my favorite show as well. name any other show were guys light hooks on fire and bite the heads of hearig fish, and making 45,000 in 5 days isnt bad ither

NORTH WESTERN ROCKS

916_5.0

Reaction score
Yeah that show is pretty hardcore that job was jsut ranked the deadliest job, i think.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online