debating over heads ?

96TANGERINEGT

Reaction score
Ok so I am kinda shoping for heads a bit . I came across frpp heads for 4.6L 2V .
Problem is they all come with cams and I am not gonna want stock PI cams for what may be going together , so anyone know of a place to get heads with out cams that aren't 2K a set . Yea I have looked at some stage 3 heads for like 1800 witch is not a bad price , but I am gonna try and put this together a little cheaper then buying a 2000dollar set .
I mean I guess I could just buy them and take the cams out and sell them witch is what I may end up doing ...

Any other suggestions. I can't belive my phone is actually working on here right now . Its real slow though. Lmao

OP
OP
96TANGERINEGT

96TANGERINEGT

Reaction score
What ? Thats kinda dum
Dosnt say anything about that where I found them

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just save up and fork out the money for TFS heads

OP
OP
96TANGERINEGT

96TANGERINEGT

Reaction score
Just save up and fork out the money for TFS heads

Hahaha. I did look at them but dammmm that's a lot of$$$
Plus the ones I was looking at have smaller chambers , for a bit more comp. Witch is the end goal here

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hahaha. I did look at them but dammmm that's a lot of$$$
Plus the ones I was looking at have smaller chambers , for a bit more comp. Witch is the end goal here

Well figure it out homie , I would go tfs if I was building a 2v or just a simple a pi swap with cams ... I've got my ideas of what's fun ... With a pi swap with some nasty cams long tubes and supporting mods I'd be happy and then is throw boost at it because I'm not scared of 10.5-1 compression unlike every pansy on this forum .... Shit my car makes around 10.3-1 and I'm pushing 15lbs like a boss

OP
OP
96TANGERINEGT

96TANGERINEGT

Reaction score
Well figure it out homie , I would go tfs if I was building a 2v or just a simple a pi swap with cams ... I've got my ideas of what's fun ... With a pi swap with some nasty cams long tubes and supporting mods I'd be happy and then is throw boost at it because I'm not scared of 10.5-1 compression unlike every pansy on this forum .... Shit my car makes around 10.3-1 and I'm pushing 15lbs like a boss

How far do u think PI heads would have to be choped to get 10.5-1. And with a set of 278 cams I wonder if the pistons qill have to be cut . I am gonna be going with that victor jr intake so flow on the top end should not be a problem , the heads are gonna need a little attention tho or that intake will be pointless. Lol

I have always liked that intake .

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Bolting on pi heads on a npi shit box will get you around 10-1ish maybe a bit more ... That alone is a great gain with the combo your talking should make 330ish with pi heads , you will have to fly cut the pistons I'm almost positive

OP
OP
96TANGERINEGT

96TANGERINEGT

Reaction score
I was hopeing not to have to go into the bottom end , I wanted to get some things together put on . Then when it blows up go to the bottom side . Lol

I could probably dremel the reliefs out while still in the block , but dam gotta be carefull

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.