decisions.....

mark8796

Reaction score
can't decide whether to continue modding my 96 gt (see sig) or to rebuild/ bore/ stroke my '87 lx. the 87 has 120K, but has really bad lifter knock, detonation, whatever you want to call it. the 96 has 85K and runs real strong...i needed the 87 like a hole in the head (it was an impulse buy, by the register!), but it was a beautiful friggin car, and i always wanted a fox body. i know you all will probably say go w/ the 96 (this being an sn95 site and all!) but, them old 5.0's really respond to mods though. both are great cars, fun to drive....i don't think i'll ever own an import, a non-RWD, or a non-V8 car. regardless of how high gas prices get. i'm not looking to make an unreliable, gas-guzzling, hard-to drive, drag terror, ya know? just looking to tinker around. it's an addicting hobby. just looking for thoughts. thanks guys

97vertstang

Reaction score
being the 5.0 is a lot more modding friendly i would say drag the 5.0 and keep the 4.6 as a daily driver.the foxes are sick drag cars.very light and make big power for a lot less money.but as a dd i think their more pain in the ass, at least to me thats why i went sn95 when i wanted a dd.the sn95 is a perfect dd.the interior is comfy, feels newer, no wind noice, handles nice and gets decent gas mileage.the 4.6 is a lot more expensive to mod and heavier than foxes.so i would say make ur self a killer drag fox, and enjoy the ac in ur sn95 ;D

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
id say put some $$ in the fox. You already have a decent amount of mods done to the 96 by looking @ your sig. When i put the 95 to sleep this winter its going to wake up a beast... 347 w/ tw heads, track heat intake and custom cam :naughty: ...ill pry freeze my ass of putting it all in but its worth it :banana:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
which one do you like better?

modifying the 5.0 is definately less expensive.

sanitarium16

Reaction score
Every one makes a fox fast. How many sn95s do you see running ridiculous numbers at the track.....not nearly as many as any other mustang.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online