Deep forest green. lets see em!

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Never had any of the clear coat issues that the white cars have with mine. Only place I have a paint issue is on my hood that was painted at dealership after stock hood was recalled.
I wonder why my friends paint flaked right off, just like the white. Is that why nobody has ever seen your car? As long as I've been here, the pic above is the first picture I've ever seen of it.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder why my friends paint flaked right off, just like the white. Is that why nobody has ever seen your car? As long as I've been here, the pic above is the first picture I've ever seen of it.

Probably haven't seen mine because I haven't driven it in 4 years. Had to do some trans work then wife popped out 2 kids so it sits waiting for me to love it again :)

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well I did drive it today. I picked up a battery and some idler pullies and got it up on jack stands so I can play with it on Tuesday since I am off.
I need to get one of my tires swapped out (sliced by fender before I parked it) and Easton had a sale on their fender roller so I need to do that. Then it will be able to be driven to the trans shop for a rebuild.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Probably haven't seen mine because I haven't driven it in 4 years. Had to do some trans work then wife popped out 2 kids so it sits waiting for me to love it again :)
Hha that explains it. Kids are not much good when it comes to building race cars. I just realized I see your car on SVTP, same name and its in the sig pic.
there are a million reasons why it might have come off.
Can you list them.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
they didn't take care of the paint would be the general idea that would cause it to be a problem then take into account a bad driver that liked to "rub" other vehicles and its amazing that paint stays on cars. I was walking my dot the other day and caught one of my neighbors was touching up some chips on her car with a rattle can. I thought about mentioning that maybe a piece of cardboard could be used to help keep the paint off of the places she didn't want it, like on her headlights. I know on my car people were amazed to know the paint was a stock color and the stock paint but I have been waxing that car fairly regularly since it was new in 94 so if it was flaking I would be really pissed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online