deleting egr and smog crap

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Now with the motor out I am trying to tie up all the little stuff. What is the easiest way to plug the EGR output on the header is there a bolt/plug I can just thread in or just weld a piece on the top? Also what do I need to do for the electronics to keep the CEL out? Finally the smog pump I have read I can use a shorter belt or there is a pully delete I can use, is there anything that makes one better then the other?

Rallim

Reaction score
The pulley just makes it so you can still use the stock size belt essentially. Makes it easier when you get one so youd on't have to find the size

Bub

Reaction score
I'm using a shorter belt. I'm plugging my headers with a few Penny's. I'm having my dyno tuner turn off the cel

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
There is a plug for it.. some people just remove the tube then put use a penny to cover the hole. I actually blown a few pennies out.. so I got a plug. .

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I ran a shorter belt with no ill effects. I believe it was a 91" with stock pullies.
If you're going the penny route, then cut the EGR tube and use the nut from the tube to hold the penny in place.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I'd just take the header with you to home depot and check for caps/plugs there Scott. My buddy capped his, I haven't had my motor out but my egr tube got busted off so I just put a heater hose over the broken tube and plugged it with brass plug... Not a single issue with it. But don't do that lol that's stupid. Just go get a plug for it

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
my hardware store is use to me bringing in random parts to try and MacGyver something together. I think they like to hear what I am trying to do as much as to pet my dog that I have to bring with me. When I was digging through their pvc pieces to make my gauge shrouds they thought I was nuts.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
The belt size I'm using with no smog pump is a 91" 6 rib.. it barely goes onto my belt tensioner when it's maxed out.. but that's good so it can stretch a little and still be tight.
I have yet to delete my egr valve so I'm subbing to this thread.

I don't understand how you guys use pennies to block that hole though... I assume there's something keeping the pennies from just falling in..

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I assumed that it was just the right size to be pressed in myself but wasn't sure. I am considering sending my headers of to jetcoat so I don't think that would work. A trip to the hardware store with my dog and my header will be in my future.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
You have a welder Scott. Cut off the threads and weld that sucka up. Then have them recoated.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I might have one or two at work. The thing is I don't go back to work for another week. Then ill be gone for two. . So in 3 weeks I could prob get you guys one..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online