Detailing Process HELP

mystang94

Reaction score
dont forget about the swirls. everyone always forgets about the swirls or does not know how to get rid of them. mequiars swirl remover and a good terry cloth do wonders. works especially great on black. which is so hard to make it look really good.

ALITL8

Reaction score
mystang94 said:
dont forget about the swirls. everyone always forgets about the swirls or does not know how to get rid of them. mequiars swirl remover and a good terry cloth do wonders. works especially great on black. which is so hard to make it look really good.

that three step process he did should have taken care of any swirls. if you'll use microfiber instead of the terry towels you'll be less likely to have swirls as well.

mystang94

Reaction score
microfiber hey ill have to try them. always used terrrys but if it helps why not. ill try that. thanks for the info. :thumb:

ALITL8

Reaction score
mystang94 said:
microfiber hey ill have to try them. always used terrrys but if it helps why not. ill try that. thanks for the info. :thumb:

they do more than help, you'll love them! just make sure to get quality ones like from www.obsessivedetail.com (theyre a forum sponsor O0). get a couple of sets, use a set for doing your windows and a set for removing polishes, waxes, etc. from the paint. theyre also fantastic for dusting interior panels... i have different sets for different jobs.

caseypayne69

Reaction score
RubiconSix94v6 said:
OK for my exterior work. I bought the Meguiars clay bar kit and the three step Meguiars wax system (paint cleaners, polish, wax). Now heres the process I was going to go by, tell me if this is close to being the right way to do it.

1.Wash
2.Wipe off
3.Clay bar
4.Wipe Off
5.Paint Cleaner
6.Wipe Off
7.Polish
8.Wipe Off
9.Wax
10.Wipe Off

is that close?
Thats how I do it too. With Meguiars only stuff. Look at that pretty shine.

[attachment deleted by admin]

ALITL8

Reaction score
caseypayne69 said:
RubiconSix94v6 said:
OK for my exterior work. I bought the Meguiars clay bar kit and the three step Meguiars wax system (paint cleaners, polish, wax). Now heres the process I was going to go by, tell me if this is close to being the right way to do it.

1.Wash
2.Wipe off
3.Clay bar
4.Wipe Off
5.Paint Cleaner
6.Wipe Off
7.Polish
8.Wipe Off
9.Wax
10.Wipe Off

is that close?
Thats how I do it too. With Meguiars only stuff. Look at that pretty shine.

you do know you can wash and clay at the same time, right? car wash soap/water makes a great clay lubricant and instead of having to wipe everything off you just rinse, dry and start your polishing polishing process O0

OP
OP

02GT

Reaction score
Im going to detail the mystic this weekend and see how it turns out, ill definitely clay and wash at the same time to see how it works.

ALITL8

Reaction score
RubiconSix96Cobra said:
Im going to detail the mystic this weekend and see how it turns out, ill definitely clay and wash at the same time to see how it works.

wash to remove surface dirt and grime, rinse, soap it up/clay in sections, rinse as you move, dry, start buffin' O0

OP
OP

02GT

Reaction score
Gotcha, im gonna try this and see if it takes less time than the norm for me

wytstang

Reaction score
Keep in mind some soaps will start to degrade your clay. Which is why I still with Claymagic clay lube or Mothers QD. I also like to use Poorboys Spray & Wipe for the job.

ALITL8

Reaction score
wytstang said:
Keep in mind some soaps will start to degrade your clay. Which is why I still with Claymagic clay lube or Mothers QD. I also like to use Poorboys Spray & Wipe for the job.

youre right some soaps will degrade the clay. we've been using Megs Deep Crystal (purple bottle), its readily available and affordable... works real well with clay!

ALITL8

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
www.adamspolishes.com

...watch the videos NOW!!!

i watched the wheel and tire video and was FAR from impressed

we're in the process of making some instructional videos. havent quite got the talking through all the steps down but you can see the difference in quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cavN0P4gZx4 Wheel/Wheel Well Cleaning 101
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyVYiOLc7JY Shining Tires 101

do some youtube searching for more like these and you'll see NO ONE does it like we do!! ;D

edit: yes, i know we're redneck :)

OP
OP

02GT

Reaction score
The one is my sig and the ones in the members ride section labeled "finally good pics of the mystic" are the only ones I got to take. It started to rain about 30 minutes after i took those pics. So I had to try and get home and put her in the garage....I get stuck in traffic jam and needless to say a lot of people beside me saw me freaking out and cussing up a storm in my car haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online