Diagram of the wiring harness on a 96 Mach 460?

talltim

Reaction score
I replaces the factory receiver and cd player a long time ago (7+ years) Ive have been having an issue with loosing a speaker so I took the radio and some of the plastic out to see what I can make of it. I remember using a schoch harness. There are a bunch of orange wires that it seem I cut and taped off. Now I dont know what they go to! I found one wire that I apparently had crimped. It had pulled loose so I reattached it. In any case I messed something up cause when I put it together I get power to the tuner (*display works) but no sound. That is my weekend cars I just put it on a back burner but if anyone can give me some diagrams or pointers it would help a lot.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The orange wires are dimmer and illumination wires. Be sure they are insulated on the end as if they ground out with your lights on you will loose your dash lights.

check the blue wires to see if they are connected.

OP
OP
T

talltim

Reaction score
Thanks! The orange wires are wrapped in electronic tape. What are the blue ones for?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it is the wire that goes between the deck an the amps so the amps know when to turn on. With out it hooked up the amp will not switch on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online