Did someone call for air support?

Rallim

Reaction score
There's the one guy on weds with a BCL wing, and it looks weird because of how high it sits. I like this more. Can I drift it?

The front bumper also shapes the car better to fit the wing I think, I quite like it.

Witzy0070

Reaction score
As in can he do the speed limit without it ending up in the grill of the Benz behind him functional?

Wat8_zps6jckxq2m.jpg

Witzy0070

Reaction score
Here is what the founders of the wing have to say...

http://crunkyourtrunk.com/pages/about-us

Thanks. I honestly feel confused. Pretty much any car guys I know personally would think this giant wing thing would be just absolutely mentally-defective. I mean, people just wouldn't even take you seriously. When I try to think of how I feel about it I just get more confused.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Is it functional? Yes. The shape and angle of attack are such that it's all but impossible that thing doesn't produce some amount of downforce. And that's IF the OP/owner bought it with the intent of it's function being to create downforce. If his intentions are for that thing to function as a bad @ss aesthetic accessory, well, it's functional in that department, too.

The bumper cover really does tie it all together with the wing, the shiny pony and clear headlights all go well with what you have going on.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Not my cup of tea but it suits your build and desire to push the envelope of styling.. Keep up the good work.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think the car looked way better before. if it was done for high competition track use then cool, if not it's ridiculous. and that front bumper thing looks cheap to me.

RichV

Reaction score
Not a fan of the wing either. Big wings are hard to pull off on a SN, specially with it being a street warrior.

But you have one clean SN, that's fo-sho. Everything is spot on, well except the pink air freshner and Duralast brake pads. :p

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
A few years ago the majority of people would of yelled out "RICER". But in the end it doesn't matter how many of us like it or hate it, the only person who has to like it is you.

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I know it's not everyones style but I love it. After selling my s281 I only have a little over $100 in it so its not a huge deal

Actually it looks pretty good, I'm sure we've all seen worse.
Planning on selling the s281?

Thanks man, sold it a while ago locally though

Is it functional?

Technically it should be if I got rid of the roof spoiler. Do I care if it is? Not really

Looks like the ends are on backwards to me. Either way, definitely different and outta the ordinary! Good work!

Thanks, thats just the way the end plates are

3 things.

1. Those uprights are much better than the ones on that red SN95. They're not too in your face and I like that.
2. What size is that wing? I'm surprised it doesn't extended past the body lines of the rear.
3. It looks ****ing awesome.

Thanks dude,

The uprights are the "FD Legal" versions instead of the manly ones like the red sn. The wing is 56" long. I wanted larger but I couldnt justify spending the money on one

There's the one guy on weds with a BCL wing, and it looks weird because of how high it sits. I like this more. Can I drift it?

The front bumper also shapes the car better to fit the wing I think, I quite like it.

Thanks! Id be honored if you drifted it.

Here are a couple from today
DSC_0150 by matson_kyle, on Flickr
DSC_0122 by matson_kyle, on Flickr
DSC_0130 by matson_kyle, on Flickr
DSC_0126 by matson_kyle, on Flickr
DSC_0124 by matson_kyle, on Flickr

McCloud

Reaction score
I dont want to make a new thread so Im going to keep throwing pics in here. Today I got my 12mm front spacers w/ moroso studs in. Huge improvement IMHO

You put spacers on to get a flush fit...I have a hard time finding wheels to tuck under the fenders (unless I run extreme negative camber). That is the only thing I dislike about the MM K-member kit.

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
You put spacers on to get a flush fit...I have a hard time finding wheels to tuck under the fenders (unless I run extreme negative camber). That is the only thing I dislike about the MM K-member kit.

It also doesnt help that the lower you go the more tucked in they get. How much narrower is the MM K-member?

And to continue with my photo dumping. Ive only got a few more days of break left then there wont be much of me around after that. The car is filthy from me working on it all week
DSC_0518 by matson_kyle, on Flickr
DSC_0509 by matson_kyle, on Flickr
DSC_0507 by matson_kyle, on Flickr
DSC_0495 by matson_kyle, on Flickr
DSC_0484 by matson_kyle, on Flickr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online