Did the Detroit Speedworks intake swap

kennyz

Reaction score
Well I put a hole in my NPI intake so I thought it was time to do some more moding so I went and did what every body does when they look to do the PI intake swap I found a used PI intake and got Randy from MD to send me the parts I needed to do the swap well when I got the gaskets from Randy I put them up to my NPI heads :eek: man what a deferent’s but it got me a little scared :noes: knowing I was going to boost with this set up plus I just can't get over using RTV on the coolant port so I went ahead and got the kit from Detroit Speedworks. I know I took it up the ass :rockyou: on the price but if it makes me feel more safe im happy :dancing6: just thought you guys might want to see some of the pics "not the best sorry" I have not done a full throttle run yet because I still need a new tune from Amazon but every thing went perfect no leaks or any problems SO FAR!!!!

1dv4.jpg

2lu6.jpg

3bz4.jpg

4wd8.jpg

5sg8.jpg

6fo4.jpg

7xz6.jpg

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
How much did those plates set you back...i had a set that i bougt from a guy for $100 but he stopped making them. As long as you get piece of mind from them they are worth every penny!

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
oh yeah do you have before dyno numbers? I would like to see the before and after numbers with the pi intake swap blown. Did you swap the cams yet?

yellowgt

Reaction score
Pretty cool setup you have there.

Post up the outcome of the dyno when you get a chance.

96sohc

Reaction score
I bought the kit through Livernois just about a year ago and have been quite happy.
Picked up 17rwhp and 5ft/tq with that and an Xcal2.
Possibly one of the best mods I've done to my car, you'll be pleased.

Ender

Reaction score
Very nice setup. Do those plates make any extra power? It looks like they would help to keep airflow smooth, and raise the intake velocity.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
96sohc said:
I bought the kit through Livernois just about a year ago and have been quite happy.

I had the same kit and had similar gains

OP
OP
kennyz

kennyz

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
oh yeah do you have before dyno numbers? I would like to see the before and after numbers with the pi intake swap blown. Did you swap the cams yet?
No never had any dyno numbers on the car yet have not even took it to the track yet :'( not been having good luck with the tuning plus there is no dyno in town. I am going to wait for Rick from Amazon to come to Sacramento again and have him tune the car

OP
OP
kennyz

kennyz

Reaction score
96sohc said:
ya that is the kit i have Livernois sells the kit but Detroit Speedworks makes the plats

97gtconv.

Reaction score
very nice, was going to go that route but i just decided to do the pi swap. keep us updated

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.