Did you buy Breather caps for your sn95 5.0 by accident? no worries..

Bauman_Octane

Reaction score
so i Bought some breather caps before doing the research which ended up being a mistake, like any mistake there is usually a good solution! i know alot of guys like the look of breather caps and with a closed crankcase pressure system they are not good to run as un-metered air makes its way into the engine causing problems. sealed caps with a fitting on the driver side for the tube going to the cold air intake are not always easy to find or cheap for that matter. the particular valve covers i bought have a hole on each cover. so two holes. so i bought two breather caps. solution for the problem! Because the driver side should remain completley sealed I filled the inside of the breather cap fitting end with high temp silicone, let it dry and popped it on. now we have a sealed driver side valve cover with the look of a nice breather cap. as for the drivers side... i put high temp silicone all around the underneath of the breather cap filling all the little holes that it drawed fresh un-metered air in from originally to totally seal the cap from the outside but leaving the inside fitting of the cap still open. then i drilled a hole in the cap so i could place a barbed fitting with some sealant so i cold run a hose from the breather cap to the cold air intake where the tube was originally to give the pcv the fresh metered air it needs to perform. so now you have cheap breather caps that look awesome but still function as a sealed crankcase pcv system And all the proper air flow in all the right places. it a nice alternative because breather caps are everywhere and cheap. and if you make the mistake of buying them its a simple way to make them work. hope that helps. couldn't find this remedy anywhere on the net.

busta

Reaction score
I currently have a breather cap on my valve cover because I didn't want any oil blowing through my Vortech. I haven't had any issues...

OP
OP
Bauman_Octane

Bauman_Octane

Reaction score
I currently have a breather cap on my valve cover because I didn't want any oil blowing through my Vortech. I haven't had any issues...

forced induction will change things up abit. this is more so for N/A car. and i'm sure you know but you could always run a small air oil seperator between your line. but your saying no issues so that sounds good enough to me.

busta

Reaction score
forced induction will change things up abit. this is more so for N/A car. and i'm sure you know but you could always run a small air oil seperator between your line. but your saying no issues so that sounds good enough to me.

Ahh, gotcha. All good my man!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online