Didn't see myself owning a Mustang but glad that it happened! Hey y'all!

steveeoaktree

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just bought a 98 Mustang for like 1400 bucks last week, and am really glad that I did. I was raised a Ford truck guy as dad ALWAYS bought Fords but didn't consider a Ford Mustang brfore now.Not a guru at all, but have owned a few cool cars in my younger days such as a 71 Cutlass S as well as a 72 302 Maverick, 71 Delta 88, 77 Camaro, 77 T Bird and others. I have been impressed so far as to the build quality and sturdiness of the SN95 platform! My V6 runs great with plenty of power, shifts well, has a great SS exhaust and I bought a brand new set of Cooper Cobra Radfial GT's first thing to put on her. There are many things to fix such as the smell of gas, the gas guage reading overfull always, loose door panels and switches, headlight pull knob broken, pass window won't roll down, no odometer or tripmeter (although the speedo works?) and a drivers side fender needing replaced but mechanically the car is solid! I am going to try to fix things as I go along, starting with the fuel issues (hopefully with y'alls guidance haha). Thanks and have a great day!

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome! Sounds like you've got some work to do! To get you started, you'll need this to fix your odometer issue: http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-17255OG/94-98-Mustang-Odometer-Repair-Gear-Kit

It's pretty common for the gear in the cluster to break, thus taking out your odometer. It's a pretty easy fix - that site, in addition to being a sponsor on this forum, also has videos on how to replace the gear. Good luck, and there's plenty of good peeps here to help along the way!

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like you have your hands full with little fixes, but not a bad price.

Welcome to the site!

blackdemon007

Reaction score
Welcome to world of mustangs.

Nice list of vehicles to date as well.

OP
OP
steveeoaktree

steveeoaktree

Reaction score
Welcome! Sounds like you've got some work to do! To get you started, you'll need this to fix your odometer issue: http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-17255OG/94-98-Mustang-Odometer-Repair-Gear-Kit

It's pretty common for the gear in the cluster to break, thus taking out your odometer. It's a pretty easy fix - that site, in addition to being a sponsor on this forum, also has videos on how to replace the gear. Good luck, and there's plenty of good peeps here to help along the way!

Thanks! That is a load off, as there are 104000 actual miles listed on the title, so the sooner the better for the repair! Have been readin the threads on here and y'all know these cars like the back of your hands..

OP
OP
steveeoaktree

steveeoaktree

Reaction score
Welcome to world of mustangs.

Nice list of vehicles to date as well.
Thanks. I surely didnt appreciate them back then. Got the 71 Delta 350 rocket for 100 bucks in 1991 sitting in an old ladys yard with 58000 miles on it. She's replaced a broken timing chain but it wouldnt run... Went to the junkyard and bought 2 Buick valves for 5 bucks and a gasket set... drove her for 2 years!

wmfateam

Reaction score
Welcome. I had to fix some problems before I could get my car daily drive able and race ready. Makes me like the car more. Good luck to you!

OP
OP
steveeoaktree

steveeoaktree

Reaction score
welcome to the madness
got any pics?

So far just the one after the tires were installed, but will get some more this weekend.
I reckon that I'm purty dumb, but how in the heck would I show a picture? It asking me for a rul and I don't know what that means..?

OP
OP
steveeoaktree

steveeoaktree

Reaction score
Thanks again to y'all for the welcomes! I did figger out how to do the photo bucketing after reading Chris' step by step on pics...so apologies for that. I reckon that URL is the address in the bar...duh

nitroram33

Reaction score
The address/URL (uniform resource locator) is the address you want for that particular page, not the image on the page. To get the URL for the image itself you can right click the picture and choose Copy Image Location/Copy Image URL in Firefox/Chrome or if you're still using IE for some reason you can right click the image and choose properties and then copy the address to the right of the address section of the window that pops up.

OP
OP
steveeoaktree

steveeoaktree

Reaction score
The address/URL (uniform resource locator) is the address you want for that particular page, not the image on the page. To get the URL for the image itself you can right click the picture and choose Copy Image Location/Copy Image URL in Firefox/Chrome or if you're still using IE for some reason you can right click the image and choose properties and then copy the address to the right of the address section of the window that pops up.

Thanks! I just won and bought a new Billet Grille off ebay for 20 bucks so I'll try to show a pic using your advice!
iframe>

Hopefully did it right. Sorry fellas, not an internet guru by any stretch...

OP
OP
steveeoaktree

steveeoaktree

Reaction score
I just did notice the correct link to use for "direct" I think photo bucket called it, just to thr right of the picture. Thanks for the help bud.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81