Difference between Limited and Platinum?

Photonfanatic

Reaction score
What is the difference between the limited, and the platinum Ford trucks? I was always under the impression that the Limited was the highest one you could get. It was the top of the totem pole. Anyone know?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
From what I understand the platinum trucks are basically totally loaded out. I don't think they come with any cloth interior, and they generally just have all the goodies. I did not think the limited was as "top of the line" as the platinum

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I use to drive a 90 ranger limited and that did not mean it had all the options by any means. I think the tape deck as the only option on the car that the original owner got

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
My local modular buddy has a White F150 Platinum. His grandparents and parents work for the Ford manufacturer in Louisville and got first dibs with the purchase of one at a deep discount, so he bought one. He claims the truck is to nice to drive. He drives his built 800hp F150 more than the platinum....it might have 10k miles. But yea, topline super nice!

RichV

Reaction score
I'm not sure 100%, but you can get all sorts of options and combinations on any trim package. But the platinum is a specific color and maybe has a bell or 2 that are only available on it.

When we got our 08 Expedition EL, it is listed as a Eddie Bauer package. So it has dual tone paint, 2 tone leather, and the EB standard stuff. Ours also has sunroof, heated/cooled seats, navigation, 20" wheels, 2nd row captain's chairs, and DVD entertainment system. Which a lot of that stuff is standard on the Limited. The only options that a Limited has that ours does not is the electronic side steps and heated 2nd row seats. But the Limited was only offered in a white exterior and black interior, or a black on black scheme. So ours is a very loaded EB.

I'm sure it's similar when the Platinum came out. The King Ranch is also very nice, obviously having the unique interior, but they are well loaded. My wife's friend has a KR F150 that I drove once and it has all the bells and whistles too, not sure if it has EVERYTHING possible, but I'd have no issue driving it. The Platinum trucks I've seen are silver and black IIRC, not sure about F250/350, I think they have Platinums available too. Probably an easy search to figure out.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I thought the limited and platinum were the same thing but for different years. Older years were called limited and now they're platinum.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Sinned83

Reaction score
We have a edge limited I think the platinum version has a bigger engine.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Edge is available in limited and sport. Sport having the bigger motor, painted ground effects and bigger wheels.

I looked thru all the edge packages before buying ours.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
Photonfanatic

Photonfanatic

Reaction score
Well it seems my question was worded incorrectly. I'm doing all the research on buying a used 2007 F250 diesel 4x4. Need one to haul cars around on a car hauler. And after doing all the checking, if you can't afford a scorpion, the 2007 model year is the one to have. Its the most reliable engine after the 7.3, but before the scorpion. So that's the one I'm going to get.

Anyway, it seems they didn't have platinum or limited in the 07 F250. They had King Ranch, which was as high as it went. Fine with me, but I'd still like to know which king ranch to get. Anyone happen to know if there is some way to tell, what all options would have been available on an 07 King Ranch? Since its going to be used, I don't want to miss out on any of the good stuff. Hell you'd probably get the loaded KR for the same price as one that didn't have the all goodies. Or close enough in price that it won't really matter.

cameron57

Reaction score
Platinum is nicest right now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Well it seems my question was worded incorrectly. I'm doing all the research on buying a used 2007 F250 diesel 4x4. Need one to haul cars around on a car hauler. And after doing all the checking, if you can't afford a scorpion, the 2007 model year is the one to have. Its the most reliable engine after the 7.3, but before the scorpion.

If its not a 7.3l, leave it alone. Go to .....Dodge for reliable.

OP
OP
Photonfanatic

Photonfanatic

Reaction score
I've done the research, and the 07 is actually a good truck if you get one that was treated ok and they didn't put some stupid tuner on it. Its the last iteration of that engine so it had a bunch of changes. A lot of the unreliability of the engine was fixed by 2007. Granted not all, but some. That's not to say idiots couldn't still tear them up (perhaps easier than they should have been able to) but it is to say that if you get a good one, and do proper maintenance, and don't abuse the damn thing, it will be fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online