Difference in midpipes between years?

Rallim

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm completely redoing my exhaust here shortly and I'm looking into refitting an offroad H/X pipe with for longtubes. I found a guy locally who has a new edge offroad x pipe, but I can't figure out the differences between a 5.0 one and a new edge one from pictures off AM. They look the same to me, do they only list them differently for the second set of 02's?

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
The push rods will only work with push rods. Modular gt with work with modular gt. And modular cobra works with modular cobra.

Vettn71

Reaction score
The flange ends that bolt to the exhaust manifolds are oval on modular engines and round on 5.0. There's also a spacing difference between the two

jim

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was looking for the actual differences on them

If you know a good welder.... there are no differences.

Really, it's about the cylinder heads. the 5ohs are narrow when compared to the modular guys. They all should end in pretty much the same place though.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
With long tubes it would prolly be very easy to make work

5litrarag

Reaction score
I'd bet the width is different on LTs or shorty...plus the pass side flange at the head is cock-eyed like a MFer on the shorty pipes for 4.6 cars.

copmagnet

Reaction score
The push rods will only work with push rods. Modular gt with work with modular gt. And modular cobra works with modular cobra.

Actually any modular 2v or 4v interchange midpipes (stock or shorty headers) my off road x came off a 98 cobra, went on my 96 gt, then onto my 04 mach, then back on my gt. My best friend put his h pipe from his gt onto his cobra.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online