Difference when changing to LT's

95whitevenom

Reaction score
:noes:
I'm looking to change out my stock headers to long tube headers.
I already know what i'll be getting. I just want know know some differences it makes when changing over to them.
Such as :
1.Power gain?
2.Ground clearence?
3.Sound?
Any info would be very appreciative.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
correct me im wrong but you will see more top end power it will sound wicked. ground clearence WILL be a problem if your find your self allready bottoming out or even close, think if it this way if you bottom out your LTs are going to hit first because they stick down further then the rest of your exaust, it can damage them and cause a leak. LTs are sweet but if you like your car LOW then they might not be for you.

RIO5.0

Reaction score
Power should be a nice mid range and up dif....I felt that added some snap to it...I had it in my head it was LTs or nothing when the time came to change....To me they have a tone all there own...
I run a Prochamber with Spintechs so it sounds pretty tight when you step into it...
I have yet to scrape once and I'm in New England and you know the roads suck.....

Only things I would suggest if your not doing it is ceramic coating...When I got my Mac's they didn't have that option yet...

g_trac_bar.jpg

OP
OP

95whitevenom

Reaction score
All I have to do is buy my headers I have the rest of the exhaust already.
The combo will look like this...
BBK ceramic coated headers
Dr. Gas X-pipe
SLP Loudmouth Cat-back

wytstang

Reaction score
You'll pick up more lowend & mid-range with lt's top end shortys vs lt's it's marginal.

RIO5.0

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
Rio man your car must sound so insane, how loud are those mufflers vs flowmaster 40 series?

Its not all that bad really, loudness wise...the Prochamber calm's things noise wise compared to an H bigtime, and I choose Sportsmans for muffs as their quieter than Prostreets...I run 2.5 tails to as I dont need or want the attention.. :thumb:
My set-up has a more crisp/racy sound than a Flowmaster set-up, no comparision really..It doesn't get louder as the RPMs rise, just crisper...Kinda got a sound all its own...Which is what I wanted...
Run it dumped though and then its insane...I did it for one day and couldn't believe it...My neighbor was like W.T.F. did you do to that thing... ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.