Different Throw out Bearings

robb15033

Reaction score
Who has had longevity along with perfectly quiet, smooth engaging throw out bearings installed and satisfied, with exception of FRPP throw out bearings?
I had a SPEC that is great, not always silent though. Also, I have a spare McLeod throw out bearing. I see that they are not moderately priced. Anyone use a McLeod TOB before??
Thanks, Two-Fold Question.
-Robb
Side BY Side~
101_18431_zpscc799f2e.jpg

101_18441_zpsec3dea2a.jpg

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm using my act that came with my clutch ,I had a centerforce one before it was ok . Mainly I used ford

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I had an oem ford tob and it broke withing 48 hours. I'm putting the tob that came with my king cobra clutch kit in this weekend.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Let me know how you like it
Mine is making noise 99% while driving and shifting now
* Sent from tapatalk while sitting on the toilet at work*

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
FRPP is the only TOB I've heard good things about. McLeod I would guess is okay, but I've never heard any feedback on them so.. I'd just go with the FRPP and be done with it

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I had an oem ford tob and it broke withing 48 hours. I'm putting the tob that came with my king cobra clutch kit in this weekend.

Really? Thats not typical.
I've gone through 2 or 3 TOB. Each of them blew up in less than one season (very low kms). My oem ford one seemed to do the trick.

From my research the frpp and the oem ones are the same. I've seen multiple side by side and they have the same part number.
I forget who on here said that the internal is suppose to be different. All of the stuff I've seen had no reports of actually lasting longer.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've also read that oem and frpp are the same countless times. I don't know if it's true though as many people have said otherwise.

And my TOB broke because my clutch cable stretched. I'm sure it's a good piece. :)

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Mine squealed like a little school girl for a long time, then literally stopped out of the blue. Am I complaining? Hell no. But I am saying it's pretty cool that it stopped. Brownie points for FRPP lol......

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
Thanks guys,
I am going to email my Mustang shop, AM and someone at Ford to get to the bottom of the FRPP bearing question. I spent an hour last week looking up the FRPP part number which as we know, matched what is advertised as just a Ford (Timken,Federal Mogul/BCA?)TO bearing but the price is $20.00 as apposed to $70.00, -there abouts.
I will copy and paste their responses.
-Anybody else ever get a definitive answer regarding FRPP & Ford T.O. bearings??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online