Digital Dash Install - Alternator Not working

FastballRacing

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I installed a Tinker electronics digital dash into my 94 GT. I can’t get the alternator to charge the car ever since then. I bought a new alternator just thinking the one I had on there went bad.

Is there something circuit wise I may be missing that needs to be jumped/tapped in regards to making the alternator excite it self again?

** Car is running off a Terminator X ecu **

95opal

Reaction score
R/G and G/R wires from cluster pigtail. Not sure what pins they are off hand but you can pull the cluster wires and you will see them.

OP
OP
FastballRacing

FastballRacing

Reaction score
R/G and G/R wires from cluster pigtail. Not sure what pins they are off hand but you can pull the cluster wires and you will see them.

I’ll check that out and see whats going on there. Just jump them to a resistor? Or a 12v source?

Maximum95

Reaction score
depends on the year but on mine the low voltage warning light being removed messed up the circuit.

I believe this is correct. I have not dealt with this issue before, but I found this wiring diagram that may be helpful. Maybe you can try jumping the light green/red wire to hot, and see if that works?

52557861073_6f284c49bc_z.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that is what I found when I did mine. I think a few years later there was some other part of the circuit in the cluster but slightly different from this.

95opal

Reaction score
Light green and red gets spliced into green red wire. Thats it done

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online