Dip Stick Tube Removal?

*Blk_96_Stang_GT*

Reaction score
how does the damn tube come out? Im so mad right now, i was pulling on it and it broke off right at the oil pan and i cant get the little piece out, and i cant do anything else to my car until i get it out. This whole PI swap is taken forever :'( :mad:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
there are two ( (I think ) brackets that hold it in place. Did you remove them? Other than those,it should pull out with a little pressure and wiggling it back and forth.

OP
OP
B

*Blk_96_Stang_GT*

Reaction score
the only bracket was on the old head, and when i lifting off the old heads it broke the tube about 6in up from the oil pan, and then pulling on that piece it broke off right at the pan and now theres about 2cm sticking out. But ur saying i should just be able to wiggle it out?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
*Blk_96_Stang_GT* said:
the only bracket was on the old head, and when i lifting off the old heads it broke the tube about 6in up from the oil pan, and then pulling on that piece it broke off right at the pan and now theres about 2cm sticking out. But ur saying i should just be able to wiggle it out?

I'm almost positive you can, after the brackets are taken off it should come out with a little force and some movement in a twisting motion. Can you get a grip on it with a pair of pliers or something to try to move it?

OP
OP
B

*Blk_96_Stang_GT*

Reaction score
well prolly, but i couldnt find a long pair of needle nose pliers, i guess im gonna borrow some from work and try tomorrow. idk im just really mad, i got an anger problem. lol thanks tho

96mod289

Reaction score
when i removed mine i had to pull like a mother. but it finaly came.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online