Dirty Money

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if you don't ever plan on selling it then there is no need to consider it a loss of money. At least that is what I have convinced myself to believe now.

OP
OP
sluggish94

sluggish94

Reaction score
Your 94 GT looks cool Yes, such machines are like a bottomless pit for money, but there is some kind of perverse pleasure in it messing with them
Taillight theme not disclosed, btw

Thank you, they're always a work in progress.
I have a set goal for this car and thats to keep my budget right around the 5K mark. I have more details about the build in my build thread.

OP
OP
sluggish94

sluggish94

Reaction score
if you don't ever plan on selling it then there is no need to consider it a loss of money. At least that is what I have convinced myself to believe now.

I originally wasn't planning on getting an SN95 specifically. When I fell upon Dirty Money I was in the market for a Ford vehicle that had a Windsor based 302 in it from the factory like a Falcon or a Mustang or a Thunderbird or something a little different. My vehicle purchase budget was under $2000USD. My plan was to take my low budget starting point chassis and swap in a built 302 I have. After the engine swap I wanted to sell the car for a profit with the built engine in it and maybe a few additional upgrades.

I found what I was looking for in this 1994 5.0 Convertible. It's a car not many would be inclined to want to save, which meant I could get it for cheap. A cool oddball. After purchasing it and driving it around I pretty much realized pulling the engine would be a mistake considering how responsive it was after a few minor corrections. At the same time I also realized it was heavily in need of suspension components, and I couldn't rationally throw 300hp at a car that didn't have solid bones.

So instead of putting my budget into what it would take to swap the engine I have been putting the budget into other things like suspension and drivetrain upgrades and updates. I know one day I will have to get rid of it. I wanted to put my skills to the test with this build and see how much of it I could restore and how aesthetically pleasing me and my dad could get it to look. I have a comprehensive spending list which I will end up displaying once I finish everything I want to finish on it. I'll probably put all that info on my build thread. Until then though I'm going to enjoy it with my Dad. My mom has never been in a convertible and she's excited to go for a spin in it once we have it in a comfortable state for her to ride in. Car's are so much fun. I'm having a great time with this car and I'm learning a lot with it. Maybe I won't end up selling it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online