Dirtyred's 98 GT aka project '' Rated R ''

98snakehorse

Reaction score
I prefer wingless now but I also like the wing. Good looking car not a fan of the fine spoked wheels but the car itself looks great!

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
I prefer wingless now but I also like the wing. Good looking car not a fan of the fine spoked wheels but the car itself looks great!
Thanks man, and I wasn't a huge fan of them at first either but in person they really do look nice on the car especially after their all shined up. But I have a guy that is supposed to be buying them this weekend so hopefully I will have enough cash to actually order a set of wheels for it

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
A little update today, decided to snatch my seats out and clean the carpet up...

And traded my stock front and rear seats for these over the weekend, they feel amazing.... And I got some extra cash out the deal from his end for my seats so really good deal

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Ok time for an update, so I sold the TSW wheels and got some stocks in the trade also ( the guy made me a deal I couldn't refuse ). And while I had the wheels off I decided to show my front calipers a little attention....

BOOOSTD

Reaction score
Your doing a great job with all the detail work and with all do RESPECT, I personally thought ur car looked the best with the Cobra R's on them. But as long as u like what u see; that's all that really matters!!

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
So that's what color my car is supposed to be lol.

Great job man, its coming along nicely.
Thanks man, I think it has come a long way myself.

Your doing a great job with all the detail work and with all do RESPECT, I personally thought ur car looked the best with the Cobra R's on them. But as long as u like what u see; that's all that really matters!!
Appreciate it man, and ur right out of all the wheels I liked the cobra r's more but when you get offers of more than twice what you payed for them and stock wheels included then they must go lol. But I have yet to actually buy the wheels I want, i'm basically just pocketing the cash from the wheels and swapping around free wheels until I decide on a more permanent set

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Just some updated pics of the stang, I haven't had the chance to do any real mods but I did clean up the engine bay a little bit more....

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
THanks guys, just keeping it clean for now until I am able to decide on the direction i am taking it and buy more mods

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Ok time for a little update, so I basically picked these wheels up for free (200$) and sold my bullits to pay for them. Then decided to play around with dip a little, so let me know what you guys think. The fr500s are staggered and have a semi bald 315 on the rear lol.... And also the dip didn't turn out how I wanted, I couldn't find plasti dip so I tried a different kind and it sucks so I will be pulling this off and redoing it since I found plasti dip this time

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Ok just a little update for myself, and the few other people that may be interested. So after I put the fr500s I noticed that the front wheel gap became more and more irritating so I finally cut a coil off the front and rear to get it more acceptable and boy did it drop lol. So after that I finally got around to starting this idea that I have had in my head for a while. I like the idea of 03/04 cobra mirrors but didn't like the price tag so I finally started making my own set. This is where I will let the pics do the rest of the talking, also I can't post all of the pics right now or even good quality ones because my phone is broke so posting these with the sidekick

I first drew the lines on the mirrors with a pencil then used a cheap drimel I picked up from harbor freight to trace the lines out. Then I picked up some sandpaper to smooth the soon to be painted side ( and I did the sanding by hand, it sucked lol ) then added my primer and wet sanded that....

That is all I have right now, I have started spraying the color and clear on the other one so I will add more and better pics later, let me know what you guys think...

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Definitely lowered it! I think it looks better though. The mirrors are going to turn out great. I like your idea! Keep us posted

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Definitely lowered it! I think it looks better though. The mirrors are going to turn out great. I like your idea! Keep us posted
Thanks bro, I like it more this way also but don't like the occasional scraping lol. And the mirrors turned out better than I could have imagined, I think there the best replicas out there right now lmao. I'm gonna upload the finished pics in a second.........

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Ok finally the money shots, I still had to take these photos with a rock so sorry but the best I could do right now lol.... And also I did all this with rattle cans :thumbsup:

And peeling the tape off......... I still have a little work to do them to make them perfect but they turned out really nice, especially for a color that I matched up my eye from the shelf of an autoparts store lol

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Thats actually really good! Nice work. Got a pick on the car without tape?

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Nice job on the mirror! Out of all three wheel setups i like your choice on the FR500s w/ the 315s on the back.

Cars looking great!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.