Dirtyred's 98 GT aka project '' Rated R ''

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Awesome Red! Car looks great whatever set you throw on it! I could picture those 15s up front being a little rough on the street. Cant wait to see what you decided on next!

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Wow crazy wheel whore lol. I would recommend getting only a ford racing TOB. To preserve my trans and stock axles I always run a king cobra clutch kit. Cheap to buy and not too aggressive to break stuff but can hold the power well too.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
That car has the perfect stance, every wheel you've put on there looks great too! Keep up the good work man, I enjoy seeing this car evolve

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Awesome Red! Car looks great whatever set you throw on it! I could picture those 15s up front being a little rough on the street. Cant wait to see what you decided on next!
Thanks man, I definitely fell in love with them and the 15s rode great up front the only problem was that they lowered the car more than it already was and I scraped on way more things. My K member doesn't like me very much lol

Wow crazy wheel whore lol. I would recommend getting only a ford racing TOB. To preserve my trans and stock axles I always run a king cobra clutch kit. Cheap to buy and not too aggressive to break stuff but can hold the power well too.
I am a wheel whore i'll admit it lol and im gonna order the Ford TOB and Pilot bearing when I order the Exedy clutch. I have had great success with those clutches, feels great and also grabs really well.

That car has the perfect stance, every wheel you've put on there looks great too! Keep up the good work man, I enjoy seeing this car evolve
Thanks a ton man, I try to top my last set of wheels every time I change them and I think I have done pretty well so far. And there is ton's more to come now as i'm looking to add either a bottle or boost in the near future so gonna try to get the stang ready.

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Ok guys a little update since I haven't been on in a while.... So I loved the wheels that were on it but saw some 15/10s on another car and had to have them. So I sold the set I had and took that money and bought my rear setup....

Jegs 15/10 with Nitto 555R 275/50/15

Then after I installed the tires I decided I needed to find some gears asap, plus this happend one day using a crappy jack so.....

So grabbed these off a guy new for a 100$ and threw them in the next day. They're 3.73s and they replaced 2.73s i belive

And of course had to replace that cover so cleaned this one up and painted it red of course lol

So got a shop to install them and picked the car up the next day and it felt wayyyyy different lol had to almost relearn my car, but after picking it up and putting the tires on I needed to do something about the tach that had stopped working on me a couple days before and the ugly ugly bullits that were on the front of my car before. So I broke this out and went to town.....

You can see a little of the ugly in the corner of the pic on the rim....

Ok and this was the product of all the hard work that day after putting them back on.....

So the next day I was able to take some better shots in the daylight....

Ok so up next was handling my non working tach, so after some research I just said screw the stock cluster and grabbed a 3'' tach and installed it. It was fairly easy and straight forward and I love it because now I can actually drive drive the car lol

A terrible night time pic but I will get better ones later, this is all I have now...

Then after I got the tach working and the gears I took it out and had some fun in mexico for a couple of nights, then this happened one night I decided to just take a late night cruise....

It wasn't too bad, forgot to latch the pins and was doing about 40-50 when it came up. The glass had the worst damage and the cowel panel but the hood didn't take much damage at all. I have already replaced the windshield the next day and I am working on the hood now and the panel. So that catches everything up and I will update more later as I remember or it happens

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Big Meaty tires!!! and that sucks for the hood. I am going to get pins soon..for this reason .

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I love your build threads because good things are always happening quickly! Keep up the great work and sorry to hear about the cracked windshield sidelining you

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Oh dang! I feel for you dood! All in all though, the car is sweet!
Thanks man, my heart dropped afterwards but my first thought was anger at myself for forgetting to put the hood pins back on

New wheels look great! These may complement the new wheels in front http://www.americanmuscle.com/chrome-sc-18x85-9404.html

What car does that gauge come from???

Owch! glad to see the damage wasnt too bad, that must of been a surprise ehhh?!
Thanks I lovvvveeeee them lol, and I am really looking for some fronts to compliment them so those might work. And the gauge is nothing special, I just picked it up at an auto parts store because my tach stopped working and of course i needed a working tach to compliment my new tires on a weekend out in mexico lol. And no the windshield took most of the damage and it wasn't to bad, and it wasn't really a surprise or shock. Immediately when it happened I thought back to not placing the hood pins back on then pulled over then I got mad lol

Big Meaty tires!!! and that sucks for the hood. I am going to get pins soon..for this reason .
Yes sir have to have them, and it did suck but it did really no damage to the hood. And I still dislike hood pins unless there the really clean ones that sit flush and you can pop them up.

I love your build threads because good things are always happening quickly! Keep up the great work and sorry to hear about the cracked windshield sidelining you
Thanks man, u are one of my long time watchers I think so you know my style lol and I appreciate that. And I have much more coming and I will try harder to take more pics and update more for my few followers. And the windshield is replaced now, now I have to just stop being lazy and replace the cowl panel lol

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Ok so a decent sized update, so I finally took care of the hood flying up situation and found a cowl panel and threw it on. Scored it at the salvage yard for 10$ then threw it on.

Then finally took some shots after it was back to an acceptable standard, also installed the coilovers but couldn't lower them because the rear was bottoming out due to being mounted in the stock location

Ok so I originally had the front UPR coilover sleeves with strange 10 way struts but the made a lot of noise and squeeks and almost made me regret buying coilovers, so I threw my Koni adjustables back up front after doing some research and finding that it may just be the struts and that fixed the problem. Rides smooth now with zero noise so i'm beyond happy, and I kept the strange 10 ways in the rear.

So then a couple days later I found a killer deal on an entire SLP catback and drove to pick that up, well you see the tail pipes in the pics up top but i'm updating this on the timeline that I remember lol

Then I started to order the extra parts I needed to get ready to go fast lol

And I ordered the shock relocation brackets from UPR to straighten out my rear coilover situation

Then I went yesterday to install them but forgot that I needed a drill bit to widen the top mounting hole and had to work on something else but took pics anyways lol

Then fast forward to today, I received my parts from LMR and waiting to install them along with my UPR parts. Next on the list is finding me a nitrous kit to spray 100 shot and a tune

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Car is looking great as always man, I don't know what you did to the paint but it looks brand new! Every time I see this thing it reminds me that I need to get a cobra bumper on mine asap

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Car is looking great as always man, I don't know what you did to the paint but it looks brand new! Every time I see this thing it reminds me that I need to get a cobra bumper on mine asap
Thanks as usual man, and the rain gave me a good wash the other day lol and a cobra bumper is a must, it would look killer on your car

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Any updates on this car? The progress was fast, if it kept moving in that direction I expect to see a twin turbo coyote in it by now lol. Let us know what you're up to with it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online