disappointed with FTR

mineralgreygt

Reaction score
I got to say I'm a huge proponent for small businesses that make in house products, I being part of one, but lately FTR has dissapointed me. I purchased a set of 1/2" hubcentric spacers for my front wheels and the fit was extremely tight so I had to polish down the ID of the spacers to make it fit, no biggie. Than the opening on the hubcentric part doesnt clear the dust cap on the front hub assembly so in order for it to seat correctly the hub dust cap has to be removed. Now when I call them I have a 1/75 chance of someone picking up, leave a voicemail good luck getting a call back. I have been trying to get someone to pick up the phone there for the last two weeks. Two weeks ago when someone finally picked up after calling for almost a week prior to that, he had mentioned that this issue happens from time to time, as far as I know it should happen every time considering its the same dust cap from 94-04. They told me they were finishing up on a solution for the dust cap but haven't heard a peep in two weeks, nor will anyone answer the damn phone. I've never dealt with a company like this, I'm truly frustrated and am never buying anything else from them, its too bad because the parts seem well made but the customer service is in the toilet. They forced me to get some spacers from MM, which no matter what time I call someone answers the god damn phone, and MMs spacers are almost half the cost, and clear the dust cap, something that should have taken a night in the garage is approaching one month, live and learn I guess.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Sad to say, but you aren’t the only person to complain about their customer service or their inability to make things happen in a timely manner. I understand people get busy and get caught up, but customer service is 90% of your transaction.

OP
OP
mineralgreygt

mineralgreygt

Reaction score
its crazy how some people fail to see that customer service is priority especially if there is an issue with your product.

95opal

Reaction score
That's sad because they are developing some awesome stuff it seems

Developing an awesome part and producing an awesome part are two totally different things. I can develop crap all day but of it dosent work as intended then its more of a POS than it is awesome. As for the no call backs and that crap....thats just shoddy business practices... Companies like that are here today gone tomorrow.

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry about the experience, customer service has always been a challenge as I am either on the other line when another call comes in or out in the shop managing production. Working on hiring more hands for the shop to allow me to focus more on customer service, response rate, etc.

Shoot me an email [email protected] (that will go direct to my cell) with your order number, we can get you a refund set up no problem.

Also we can thank [MENTION=10188]white95[/MENTION] for bringing this to my attention. He knows how to get a hold of me ;)

ForcFed93

Reaction score
I waited a solid 2.5 weeks for a bump steer kit I ordered last year, but I must admit, it was worth the wait. It's a very high quality piece.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score

giphy.gif

Poker-face-Gif-327327645

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
[MENTION=17526]Pete@FTR[/MENTION]

Did y’all ever decide to make the actual brackets for the s550 brakes?? I know you can space em out with the s197 kit or Brembo kit but I’d rather use a solid bracket with no shims

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online