MM steering shaft
MM solid rack bushings
Energy suspension control arm bushings

MM HD lower control arms
J&M upper control arm
H&R SS springs
Eibach sway bar
MM pinion snubber

I don't go to the track or race my car. I just want a fun driver.

I still need to get some frame connectors. It's hard to justify spending a bunch of money on a car you barely drive

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Forgot about new inner tie rod ends, Steeda bump steer kit in front and new Ford axle bushings in the rear.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Factory K member
H&R SS springs
Tokico blue shocks and struts
Eibach sway bar
MM CC plates
MM steering shaft
MM solid rack bushings
Energy suspension control arm bushings

MM HD lower control arms
J&M upper control arm
H&R SS springs
Eibach sway bar
MM pinion snubber

I don't go to the track or race my car. I just want a fun driver.

I still need to get some frame connecters. It's hard to justify spending a bunch of money on a car you barely drive

Once you have it the way you want it set up
it will look and handle nice , car really looks good
from some of the before and after pictures
come a long way

Tillerman77

Reaction score
I still need to get some frame connecters. It's hard to justify spending a bunch of money on a car you barely drive
Sounds like it is too late for that! Thanks for the list. I did the the FLSFC from MM first, very noticeable difference in rattles, noise and ride quality.

OP
OP
D

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Subframe connectors were the first thing I did on my 98 GT and they made a big difference.

Next up is getting the headers installed, then take it in for an alignment since I have to pull the K member. I need to get the AC recharged too.

I need to go talk to one of the local tuners. Chris groves at The Dyno Edge specializes in Mustangs. I need to decide if I want to delete the IMRC's or not. Either way I want to get a tune for the JLT intake and headers and have the rear cats turned off.

OP
OP
D

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Picked up my headers today. Now I just need to take half my car apart to install them.
e18248b641af4e564ef36e02e0b6e86e.jpg
ab27fcbef4db73021fca6a2479ac79bb.jpg

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Like RAU03MACH stated, a real pain in the ass long tube are with these cars!

The headers turned out great tho!

About deleting the IRMC plates, whatever you decide, removing them for a cleaning is an ideal thing to do. The secondary port gets gummed up around 80k miles and causes the butterflies to get stuck...possibly closed or open. Also note that swapping the rear gears pretty much eliminates the purpose of the irmc.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Like RAU03MACH stated, a real pain in the ass long tube are with these cars!

The headers turned out great tho!

About deleting the IRMC plates, whatever you decide, removing them for a cleaning is an ideal thing to do. The secondary port gets gummed up around 80k miles and causes the butterflies to get stuck...possibly closed or open. Also note that swapping the rear gears pretty much eliminates the purpose of the irmc.

If you remove them , I think you lose a little torque off the bottom end and at the top you gain , I have a lot of problems with mine , I plan on removing and adding a supercharger for mine Kenny bell has me by the balls right now

Tillerman77

Reaction score
About deleting the IRMC plates, whatever you decide, removing them for a cleaning is an ideal thing to do. The secondary port gets gummed up around 80k miles and causes the butterflies to get stuck...possibly closed or open.
Actually, the gumming up can happen sooner than that. Our 97 threw a code at 67K. A thorough plate cleaning solved that as the controller tested fine on the bench and ultimately in the car. We added a JLT catch can after that to slow the process down. I empty the catch can every 1,000 miles or so, it is typically 1/2 full.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, the gumming up can happen sooner than that. Our 97 threw a code at 67K. A thorough plate cleaning solved that as the controller tested fine on the bench and ultimately in the car. We added a JLT catch can after that to slow the process down. I empty the catch can every 1,000 miles or so, it is typically 1/2 full.

Or is it half empty?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
The car now has 138,000 miles . It runs really well but for all I know they may not be working at all. After I get the headers installed I will dig into that project. I need to go to harbor freight and buy an engine support bar.

RAU03Mach, where in NM are you?

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
The car now has 138,000 miles . It runs really well but for all I know they may not be working at all. After I get the headers installed I will dig into that project. I need to go to harbor freight and buy an engine support bar.

It's a small town

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score

Anthony NM

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on whether you are an optimist or a pessimist I suppose.

This is one of those times an optimist can say it’s half empty. I’d rather see less blow by then more!!! [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Its not blow by! For the umphteen time!!!

Its residual oil suspended in the air from camshafts. The cams sling the oil off it gets pulled in from the pcv.

Big problem from over head cam engines.

OP
OP
D

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
So I got the headers bolted up yesterday. I now have an issue with the air tubes on the front of the left side header.

The air tube is nowhere near fitting. I'm thinking about just deleting the whole system. I need to see if I can get it tuned so it will pass emissions.

Thoughts?
bd862b5978d0f27410906ccf1b36fcd7.jpg
3f1531cdbcfff851daf350a820213d49.jpg
60a647b319f31b2665e099b13a7bffab.jpg

OP
OP
D

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Oh and before anyone asks, I have a support bar holding the engine from above. The floor jack is just an added precaution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online