do i have options for wheels < 22#

MyBoxersSayJoe

Reaction score
curbed my one wheel pretty badly so i'm thinking after i kill this set of tires, i may got and buy new wheels. my main dilemma is i don't want to go with most of the replica wheels because they're all so heavy. i'm at the point where i don't want to do anything to the car but if someone breaks, i'll upgrade. i'm trying to find wheels in the low 20 lb. range. 17" or 18".

does anyone have any suggestions? i'm usually a fan of 5 star. if i could get a black center with a polished lip and lightweight i'd be relatively happy because i'd be staying with my color scheme. as long as they fit, i'm down. doesn't have to be oem.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well im pretty sure replicas arnt any heavier then the authentics. But if you want a light wheel try the Steeda Ultralites, they look great I usually dont like the look of most light weight wheels but they look great.

steeda11.jpg

Another wheel that I think is fairly light (not positive though) is the Drift R...here is a pic of them in 19"

slammed4.jpg

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The Steeda's come to mind.

The ultralight2's are a split 5 spoke and look pretty nice too.

OP
OP
MyBoxersSayJoe

MyBoxersSayJoe

Reaction score
thanks, i've been thinking about the ultralites for a while. if i did the originals, i like them in chrome but i have trouble finding those around for sale. i like the II's in satin with the polished lip. it'd be really nice to cut some rotational mass off the car and look good doing so.

anyone know what the stock 17" 98 wheels weigh? i haven't been able to find that anywhere.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
Well im pretty sure replicas arnt any heavier then the authentics. But if you want a light wheel try the Steeda Ultralites, they look great I usually dont like the look of most light weight wheels but they look great.

steeda11.jpg

Another wheel that I think is fairly light (not positive though) is the Drift R...here is a pic of them in 19"

slammed4.jpg

thats a good looking car :eek:

OP
OP
MyBoxersSayJoe

MyBoxersSayJoe

Reaction score
thanks, i saw them on there once. anyone have pictures of a stang with them on?

OP
OP
MyBoxersSayJoe

MyBoxersSayJoe

Reaction score
okay, i'm starting to think ultralite I's in 18x9. but i think i'm holding off until after winter. got new tires not too long ago and i drive my car year round, so rather not have them be subjected to all the salt for a winter. although, it's been off the road the past two winters. spun 3 rod bearings one winter, had the motor replaced under warranty, then last winter i couldn't drive because i had my head crushed while at work. i think i'm going with the satin one's though. they said they're 22 lbs. i love my pirelli p-zero nero's so i'm going to get those again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.