DO I NEED A NEW T5?

scootin95gts

Reaction score
OKAY WELL WHEN IM GOING REALLY FAST IN TOWN AND I GO TO DOWNSHIFT FROM 4-3RD IT MAKE ALOT OF VIBRATIONS AND IT GRINDS A LITTLE BIT AND IT WONT GO IN GEAR.BUT WHEN I SLOW DOWN A LITTLE IT GOES IN LIKE ALWAYS IVE NEVER HAD THIS PROB ON MY OTHER 5SPD CARS?? ALSO IS IT SOMEWHAT DIFF TO GET IN REV IN STANG'S....ALSO I HAVE A B&M RIPPER SHORT SHIFT FROM THE PREV OWNER IN THE CAR AND MY MECHANIC SAID IT COULD BE THE THINGS IN THE TRANNY THAT SLOWS THE GEARS SO THEY CAN JOIN TOGETHER AND ANOTHER GUY SAID IT MIGHT BE THE SYNCHRONIZER

S

scarface

scootin95gts said:
MY MECHANIC SAID IT COULD BE THE THINGS IN THE TRANNY THAT SLOWS THE GEARS SO THEY CAN JOIN TOGETHER AND ANOTHER GUY SAID IT MIGHT BE THE SYNCHRONIZER
those are the same part, and they sound like they are correct...eventually you wont get that gear at all.

Maniak87

Reaction score
if it does give out, dont rebuild the t5, just get a g-force T5 or TKO. this is only if u plan on driving it hard and have more than 300rwhp.

OP
OP
S

scootin95gts

Reaction score
i would like to but i dont know if i got the money for that...how much would it cost to get new synchros installed

OP
OP
S

scootin95gts

Reaction score
also my car only has 53,000 miles on it so its weird how they are bad already

Reaction score
When you want to go into reverse, put it into 1st then reverse. Reverse has no synchro, so it is the hardest to put into. I second that idea on the TKO. Pay a little more now, and never have to worry about it.

purplehaze

Reaction score
your syncro's are going bad, might want to check your short throw and adjust the stopping points on the shifter, you might also be bending you forks. as for reverse, its a common problem in t-5, i have to go 5th then down to reverse to get it in the first time.

OP
OP
S

scootin95gts

Reaction score
as far as my short throw goes should i back it off or screw the stopping points in more? also what do u mean by bending my forks?

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i wouldnt mind a t-56.....maybe with a little viper spec parts

purplehaze

Reaction score
the easy way is to set the shift point is to have the screw out so that the shifter doesnt hit the screw and put it in gear. then screw the bolt till it starts hitting the shifter a bit, can go as much as you want, but be careful, bolt to pressed against the shifter can make it jump out of gear when driving!just adjust according to what you feel is what you want. be sure to do it to the other bolt as well, so you can have the short throw effect.

OP
OP
S

scootin95gts

Reaction score
With my transmission prob could it also be a broken stock quadrant?would a steed quadrant kit be helpful in my situation

purplehaze

Reaction score
your clutch quadrant is at the bottom of you dashboard, usual an ugly yelllow-dirty white!you will tell if its broken or worn out!steeda and upr make great quadrants. im planning to go with a triple hook quadrant for qwik engaement/release. it will help with less pedal effort on you foot.

G

GREG@SN95

sounds like you killed the tranny...

if yer low on cash pick up a t5 out of a similar year mustang @ a junk yard

OP
OP
S

scootin95gts

Reaction score
actually i didnt kill it i bought it about 6mo ago and when i first went fast and downshifted this happened would it be better to get a rebuild kit from frpp or to get a used or rebuilt transmission? i would want to get a tko500 or aftermarket t5 but unfortunatley i do now have the money right now and i dont actually plan on putting over 400hp anytime soon or even 350hp anyadvice would help any ideas on how much a used tranny from a junk yard would cost? :help2:

OP
OP
S

scootin95gts

Reaction score
Guess what i went to check out my "stock" quadrant ad i already have a bbk one in the car from prev owner lol if this is adjustable where would the adjuster be under the hood?

S

scarface

see the blue thing on the firewall? Thats it.
mustang008.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online