do i need hub centric rings?

Englishbully

Reaction score
Ok .So I bought some saleen rep wheels and tires for my 1997 mustang gt vert. They were mounted and balanced and had the car aligned. .I installed them on my car and took her for a spin.i noticed that I can feel a little vibration/bouncy(not shaking) feeling coming from the steering wheel and I can feel the same coming from the rear due to feeling it in my seat.it does clear up after 65mph.my stock rims do not have this problem.wondering if these wheels need hub centric rings?

lutter94

Reaction score
I had bought 06 mustang wheels for my 2010 fusion, and the mustang has a bigger hub than my car does. I had a small shimmy, but chocked it up due to shorter sidewall (1" taller wheel, same overall height tire). I bought the rings, and it didn't change anything. Issue turned out to be bent wheels, but the first tire guy hadn't mentioned them being far off on the balance or anything, just out the door. The next guy sure mentioned it, esp after replacing tires with the inside corner worn off.

I had a run force test done to find how bad they really were. Basically measures runout at the lip. A square can be balanced lol. Standard balance machine doesn't return a lot of data, but if you're wheels are straight, it doesn't need to.

Long story short, if you have conical lug nuts, I can't imagine a hubcentric ring is going to make a whole lot of difference.......

OP
OP
E

Englishbully

Reaction score
Yea that's what I was thinking because it has conical lugs.could it be that my wheels weren't properly balanced?

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I bought hub centric wheels for my cosmis wheels, they were plastic. I couldn't tell you if they made a difference or not because I didn't install the wheels without them first. The car rides smooth at any speed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online