Do not purchase from AmericanMuscle.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
So I've had a lot of issues with AM over the past few years. Orders have been completely mixed up, parts never shipped out for weeks at a time despite them charging my credit card.. For awhile I've just stuck to LMR and StangMods. Both of those companies are excellent, it takes longer for me to receive parts since one is in Texas and I forget where StangMods is based out of. However, I could only find a coupon code for AM to order my Mishimoto Radiator. It was backordered for over three weeks, nobody's fault, I had no issues with that. Fast forward to this past Tuesday, I finally received the radiator. Immediately I start tearing the car apart, to install the new radiator. Everything was put back together.. I go to put the drain plug in, but THERE IS NO DRAIN PLUG. I immediately called AM and they told me to ship it back, and they'd send a replacement. Now stick with me here, this was AFTER I told the rep I installed everything.. Told them that was absolutely not an option, it was 95 degrees out, and I was not about to remove it all, go to UPS and ship it back, and wait for a replacement. Absurd. I insisted a drain plug be sent to me, as that is included with what I purchased! They assured me that same day it'd be shipped out. Mind you, AM is barely over 2 hours away from me, UPS comes within a day, USPS 2 days. Today is FRIDAY and I have DIDDLY ****ING SQUAT. I called Wednesday, rep said it was shipped out. Called today because it's 4 days later and NOTHING is here. Rep tells me they have no clue when it'll arrive, so I asked if they were shipping it or Mishimoto, same answer of I don't know. So basically they say they ship the part out, part never arrives, and have no idea where it's shipping from or when it'll arrive. I kept stressing the fact that the car is just SITTING and I need it to be operable like yesterday. What if I had as shop do the install? They'd charge me to remove it, or charge me to store the car while waiting for the part. That is just plain ****ing stupidity. I have spent thousands with this company, they have poor quality control and service. End result, MAYBE the part will arrive by NEXT FRIDAY, thats 10 days after they said it was sent out. That's bullshit. I should've learned my lesson a long time ago, but I thought eh, maybe they're better now. Nope, worse.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
And no where in the listing did it say a stock plug wouldn't work etc.. So my car has been sitting for 4 days, no coolant, it's inoperable. What if the DOT was paving my street this week? Stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

lutter94

Reaction score
What threads is it? NPT? Could probably get a hardware store plug for the time being.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Eh, I always read all the instructions first, and make sure I have everything. It's sort of on you to make sure because shipping errors are common from anywhere, especially when you think of the massive number of orders they fill. However, it's really not even on them because they just got a box from Mishimoto and shipped it to you.

Yea, it's kind of a pain, but people make mistakes. That's why I'm about to go through these boxes I just got from MM with a fine toothed comb, long before I begin my install.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Eh, I always read all the instructions first, and make sure I have everything. It's sort of on you to make sure because shipping errors are common from anywhere, especially when you think of the massive number of orders they fill. However, it's really not even on them because they just got a box from Mishimoto and shipped it to you.

Yea, it's kind of a pain, but people make mistakes. That's why I'm about to go through these boxes I just got from MM with a fine toothed comb, long before I begin my install.

MM rarely disappoints

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I got burned a long time ago because I did not realize I would need a shock mount if I was not running a panhard bar when I was installing the coil overs, so it threw a wrench into my install, but meh, got it all squared away. Had I read the instructions before, it would not have been an issue.

blackdemon007

Reaction score
I feel your pain man.
I seem to be the only person that has had no problems with AM.
Yet, almost every order from LMR gets ****ed up.
It happens with everyone

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your problems with am, they've done well for me so far on the minor items I've purchased (intake manifold/ water pump gaskets, chin spoiler, etc). Everybody seems to have a screw up here and there but unfortunately it's usually at the worst time and a critical part. Hope you get the drain plug sorted out soon man

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score

Rad came with no instructions lol. Didn't need any. Didn't think it'd be missing the most important part lol. And regardless if its Mishi or AM. Don't tell a customer the part is sent out and they'll have it said day, and then nothing shows up.. then say another week. Thats crap service.

KidK9

Reaction score
I'm with you. I can't stand AM. They screw everything up. How about this one...I hauled my car 8 hours to their show, was in the show field, and they forgot to judge it. Nice, right?

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I'm with you. I can't stand AM. They screw everything up. How about this one...I hauled my car 8 hours to their show, was in the show field, and they forgot to judge it. Nice, right?

Dudeee wtf. I missed the show this year, did you go last year?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online