Do you ever just get bored of your car, or cars in general?

ElKabong197

Reaction score
Frustrated like when its sitting in my driveway not running? Yes. Fed up? Nah, its a project, ive got all winter to put a new motor in it.

Sent from my Galaxy S-fizzledizzle

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
^ x2
If non of the other typical methods are working (buying parts for it, creating/modifying parts for it, going to the track, hanging out with other 'car guys', watching badass car videos) and you're really feeling bored with it, then I don't know how much you'll want the car around in the near future. Maybe you do need some time off to focus on you and other priorities.
Believe me, I know what you mean when you say school is a priority. I've been working towards my bachelors (mechanical engineering) during the last 3 years that I built my car back together from a bare shell, you just gotta balance your time and energy, but always put school first.
But at the end of the day, if you don't want it anymore, you can't quite regain that much motivation to work on it. The drive to work on it/modify it has to be there, otherwise you're just going to end up hating it more and more.

OP
OP
1997GT4.6

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
I too thought going to a Fox would be a fun idea and honestly, the interior quality is worlds better in the SN95 car. Granted both of mine were older (86 SVO and 88 5.0 coupe) but they both were just terrible interior quality. Nothing seemed to quite fit together right anymore. Honestly. the older 86-back dash seemed to be holding together better than the newer, much better looking Fox dash, but that could have just been car to car. But still, the 95's interior was waaaayyy better. And Fox seats suck.
Yeah I've never sat in a fox but by the looks of it, that interior looks like garbage lol. Oh I bet the pieces didn't fit together right. Fox seats do look horrible. Yeah 94-04 interior is pretty well made for an American car. Mine still looks beautiful after so many years. I need to piece together a black interior to match my Corbeaus. And I remember you were having trouble with the SVO if I recall correctly.

OP
OP
1997GT4.6

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
I'd say I get more frustrated with my car than bored, but it does happen and I think that's just part of human nature. If you can't get excited about it and don't enjoy driving it then I don't really see much reason to keep it around just because. Sometimes things just change and it's just time for something new, but if you're not excited about modifying it I wouldn't force it because it'll probably end up as a waste of money.
Oh yeah frustration is a buzz kill. I'm still frustrated at my pickup after trying to do a head gasket swap and it not working out a few months ago. I enjoy driving the Cobra, but I can't get excited for more than a minute about it. A lot of it has to do with having no friends that I actually do car stuff with regularly. All my friends have a woman in their lives lol. I just don't feel as motivated about it. I used to wash it weekly, wax it regularly, drive it more often, but I don't anymore. I maybe wash it once a month. Feels as if its time for something new, but I'm also just getting older (23 going on 40). I don't watch car videos anymore, I don't look up any information anymore, but I do find myself going into the garage to just look at it in the middle of the night. I feel as if I could change into a subaru and be happier, well until that thing breaks.
^ x2
If non of the other typical methods are working (buying parts for it, creating/modifying parts for it, going to the track, hanging out with other 'car guys', watching badass car videos) and you're really feeling bored with it, then I don't know how much you'll want the car around in the near future. Maybe you do need some time off to focus on you and other priorities.
Believe me, I know what you mean when you say school is a priority. I've been working towards my bachelors (mechanical engineering) during the last 3 years that I built my car back together from a bare shell, you just gotta balance your time and energy, but always put school first.
But at the end of the day, if you don't want it anymore, you can't quite regain that much motivation to work on it. The drive to work on it/modify it has to be there, otherwise you're just going to end up hating it more and more.
Yeah I don't watch car videos anymore, I used to watch tons of racing vids. But I'm getting old, 23 going on 40, or so I feel. I don't have any car buddies left, they all have a hot woman in their life. I used to go to car shows every weekend now I go once in a few months. Almost like I don't have any reason to build or work on my car since the car life is no longer a huge part of my life. Harder to meet new mustang friends out here because nobody cares for SN95s, its S197 or nothing out here lol. Yeah, I need to focus on myself I feel.

But this could just be a phase, but that would make it a rather long phase because I haven't bought a single car part in over a year. I have sub frame connectors sitting in my room that I purchased 1.5 years ago.

Ultimately though I think if I sold it, it would be a huge mistake. When I was sick for 3 years straight, the Cobra was the only thing that could cheer me up. I'm gonna tough it out and clean my engine bay with a sponge lol.

Yeah school comes first! I unfortunately put it off and have been out for over a year. Gotta back into it. I miss the challenge of school! I actually enjoy tests lol. Once I get to University in the fall I'll see all the fine babes and modified cars and I'll be in love again. Mechanical engineering is tough man, props to you! I like the idea of balancing building a car and school, that's a great way to release stress.
Sorry for the long reply!
Frustrated like when its sitting in my driveway not running? Yes. Fed up? Nah, its a project, ive got all winter to put a new motor in it.

Sent from my Galaxy S-fizzledizzle
Frustration happens to everyone at some point. But you see yours as a project so that's a goal set and easier to hang onto.

Mr.Eman

Reaction score
I've found with other cars if I rush to finish them I get bored with them when they are done. My work around has been to add something new every season.

Of course that makes my to-do list a mile long...

1bad9d5

Reaction score
yea I feel like at times I get bored but that is also because I haven't had a well running car in 10 months.. turned it into a project car to do my turbo.. should be getting it back soon but at times im just like w.e about it.. doesn't help that the current car I use to by time is a complete POS 07 Honda lol

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I've never sat in a fox but by the looks of it, that interior looks like garbage lol. Oh I bet the pieces didn't fit together right. Fox seats do look horrible. Yeah 94-04 interior is pretty well made for an American car. Mine still looks beautiful after so many years. I need to piece together a black interior to match my Corbeaus. And I remember you were having trouble with the SVO if I recall correctly.

Kept having wiring issues that ended up being a loose wire in the fuel pump connector. Got frustrated with that car very very quickly and that and lack of A/C is what led to me trading it for the 88 coupe.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't really get "bored" of my car, my biggest problem is lack of time. I'm always on the road, or working at the warehouse. I spend very little time at home any more. I think if I had more free time, I'd be more inclined to work on my white cobra as well, but I just can't right now. I have 0 idle time except Saturday and Sunday when I am at my part time job, and then there's not a whole lot I can do there besides browse the internet and do paperwork.

Last year, I only put about 2000 miles on my red car. This year, it will probably be even less since this spring has taken forever to warm up and it's done nothing but rain here lately. Today is only the 2nd time, I've had it out of the garage this season... and that's sad.

OP
OP
1997GT4.6

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
yea I feel like at times I get bored but that is also because I haven't had a well running car in 10 months.. turned it into a project car to do my turbo.. should be getting it back soon but at times im just like w.e about it.. doesn't help that the current car I use to by time is a complete POS 07 Honda lol
Not having a well running car would make anyone bored. But that's a project. Once you get it back you will be back in the game!
Kept having wiring issues that ended up being a loose wire in the fuel pump connector. Got frustrated with that car very very quickly and that and lack of A/C is what led to me trading it for the 88 coupe.
Ah yeah that would suck. SN95 FTW man!

Damn Deeplist that's not much driving at all! That's sad! And not having much time is a good thing because that means you are making money.

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Not having a well running car would make anyone bored. But that's a project. Once you get it back you will be back in the game!

I know man I cant wait ! its been a project longer then I expected.. then again im sure that happens to more people then I originally thought.. hyped to finally get it back

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online