DO you think I take out a 97 Cobra that has bolt ons

94GreenMachine

Reaction score
Do you guys think I can take a bolt on 97 Cobra with 297rwhp and 312 ft lbs of torque in a full weight GT? I 3.73 gears and ET streets.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ok are you saying you have 297hp in your car? If so your car is very strong and should be in the 12's easy. What does the Cobra have? It would take quite a few mods for the cobra to be makeing 300 at the tires like yours does, those 97 Cobras had around 255-265 at the tires stock so its a good 40hp short of what you have.

OP
OP

94GreenMachine

Reaction score
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I just had my car dyno tuned and It pulled 297 rwhp and 312 ft lbs torque. I'm not sure what he is doing at the rear wheels but he did get a dyno tune. I do know he has pulleys, long tube headers, bigger mass air, bigger throttle body and I think he did bigger injectors. He's running 4.10 gears and he has the MT ET streets on Cobra Rs. We're going to lock up on the 4th of July so I'm wondering what my chances are.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
94GreenMachine said:
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I just had my car dyno tuned and It pulled 297 rwhp and 312 ft lbs torque. I'm not sure what he is doing at the rear wheels but he did get a dyno tune. I do know he has pulleys, long tube headers, bigger mass air, bigger throttle body and I think he did bigger injectors. He's running 4.10 gears and he has the MT ET streets on Cobra Rs. We're going to lock up on the 4th of July so I'm wondering what my chances are.

Ok with the mods you have for him he probally has the extra power to match up with your 297, he also has the good gears for the 4-valve along with the ET streets his car should hook. Honestly other than the driver contest the cars should be a good race, similar weight / similar power / same body /........it should be a great race. Im not going to give the advantage to either car............now about your driving skills compared to his :D

wytstang

Reaction score
Leave him at the line and the race is yours

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
wytstang said:
Leave him at the line and the race is yours

so you think he can out pull a modded 4-valve in the upper rpm range? ???..............I have to disagree with that

OP
OP

94GreenMachine

Reaction score
Now that you mention it, he is a sneaky dude. He has a 84 vert with N02 on it swears it's NA. He also has a 86 GT with one of the high dollar prochargers on it with like 17 lbs of boost plus N02 and will put up his first born that it doesn't have spray and only 8lbs of boost (BTW intel provided by his brother in-law). So he is a sneaky fella. My source said that he hasn't went that route on the Cobra YET, it's suppose to be his styling car. Now I will be coming to the table with MT ET streets also and I think I'm going to dump a few items out of the car before we go i.e. seats, spare tire, sway bars and anything else that's not bolted down. I also feel that race is going to be determined at the starting line. You blink I'm gone!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can tell you first hand the 4-valve cars WITH gears are tough on the upper rpm band, they rev high / make power/ and with the gears stay there. God help you if he DOES have the giggle gas on it, if he doesnt kick his ass of the line and keep the hammer down you may come out on top. Let us know how it goes :)

97GTS

Reaction score
up top the 4cammer is like the energizer bunny...it just keeps going and going and going.... :bunny3:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.