Documenting a rescue on Youtube - 1996 V6

shovel

Reaction score
As a personal challenge I've set about making the most of what I think is the most hated Mustang right now (yes, even more than II's in 2023 - surviving Mustang II's actually go for real money now) - so I bought a heavily neglected 96 3.8L to not only bring it back to life but also make it actually enjoyable to own and drive.

The deliberate constraints I've made for this build - It has to keep the stock engine and basic platform, no boost, no split port swap, no ambitious work just clean and subtle and reproducible by anyone, true to what left the factory, coast-to-coast reliable, comfortable, emissions legal and without spending stupid money.
Here's the playlist Youtube Playlist

This is where it started -

9zuQdBK9dg4JR5VT9cVBJ9Gg=w1727-h1287-no?authuser=0.png

This is where it was last week -

Y7-lDaG3o5aC-q-HaPPN4XVg=w2288-h1287-no?authuser=0.jpg

Still in progress, but I have a full time job and limited budget so it only gets updated as I find time.

b1pig

Reaction score
Most hated? I doubt that. Maybe if you Hemi swapped it.... heads might roll. :cool:

You're essentially getting a stock car back to solid roadworthy condition. Can't fault that.
That's really all I'm doing to mine. No plans to do anything major to it.

OP
OP
shovel

shovel

Reaction score
Most hated? I doubt that. Maybe if you Hemi swapped it.... heads might roll. :cool:

Infuriating people gets more attention than informing them, just watch the news :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
shovel

shovel

Reaction score
Well there we go I finally got around to dookin' out a new video

OP
OP
shovel

shovel

Reaction score