Does anyone know about the CCRM

OP
OP
Saint

Saint

Reaction score
Me either last time the ICM failed it was just hard to start, it didn't just totally poop out like that ....petition BWD!

Addermk2

Reaction score
when the car dies again soon send me a message and I'll sell you my spare ccrm. I just helped another member on this forum with the same problem. we remove his CCRM and plugged in one of mine, and his car ran fine. after putting his old CCRM back in the car still ran fine when before it would not start at all.

disconnecting and reconnecting your CCRM could have been all you needed to do to reseat the connection enough to fix your problem.

OP
OP
Saint

Saint

Reaction score
when the car dies again soon send me a message and I'll sell you my spare ccrm. I just helped another member on this forum with the same problem. we remove his CCRM and plugged in one of mine, and his car ran fine. after putting his old CCRM back in the car still ran fine when before it would not start at all.

disconnecting and reconnecting your CCRM could have been all you needed to do to reseat the connection enough to fix your problem.

I was thinking the same, tomorrow I will slap the old ICM on and find out. Already purchased a spare ccrm from ford since I pobed mine and saw corrosion on the PCB inside.

OP
OP
Saint

Saint

Reaction score
Well...looks like car is running now but I'm having some hesitation at low RPM. Timing is a 13* and it's always ran perfect at 13*

My thoughts:

Bad O2 sensor
Bad or dirty MAF sensor MAF
CCRM possibly bad
Clogged TAD (Thermactor Air Diverter)
Bad ECT....My ECT is currently BWD(known for poor OEM replacement parts)

Another thought is when the ignition module (or CCRM) cause the tach to freak out something got fried.

Also...I am going to test out my theory on the MAF by unplugging the spout.

If I do so and it resolves the issue is it okay to run the car without the spout for awhile

Update: Figured out the hesitation issue. I was in a rush when I slapped the MAF back on and it was twisted a few degrees towards the block. I repositioned the MAF and removed the spout. I cranked it up for about 2 minutes then put the spout back in. No more hesitation at all. Car runs like a top.

Just figured I'd update this. I hate when I search online for an issue and go to a forum to see someone posted a problem but never responed with the resolution.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online