Does anyone know what this plug is for?

Idlehands78

Reaction score
So while I was diagnosing my AC compressor issue (see my other thread if you want), I was looking around my new to me 94 GT Conv. and I noticed these two plugs, just hanging out by the accumulator. I don't see a male end or opposite connector anywhere nearby. My working theory is that they were left overs from the old 5.0 that used to live here before the previous owner dropped a 392 in it. I'm still finding all the fun bits and pieces about this car, but this one has my puzzled.

Any thoughts.IMG_1991.jpg

07GtS197

Reaction score
The smaller one I believe is for an under hood light. The big one, not sure either.

95opal

Reaction score
That be the self test for the pcm basically your obd 2 port for old schoolers lol

07GtS197

Reaction score
That be the self test for the pcm basically your obd 2 port for old schoolers lol
That’s what I thought too but I thought that was on the drivers side. I guess maybe it got moved or it’s always been there on the sn.

OP
OP
I

Idlehands78

Reaction score
Hold up. It’s got a 392 what in it?
Ford Racing 392 with Ported Gt-40X heads, GT40 lower intake, cobra upper intake, comp cams Xe-282-HR, 75mm TB, 80mm MAFS, Cobra R Air filter. 351W EFI dristributor, 255l/h fuel pump, 30# injectors. Steeda 2 core aluminum radiator, 180 t-stat.

Drive train and suspension - Saleen stage 2, Steeda caster plates, built AODE, 3.55 diff, Auburn LSD with posi.

Stoppies - Cobra 13" front 11" rear.

Got it in a trade for my 1966 Fairlane GT and a shoehorned 429. it was a bracket racer that ran 14's with full interior and all metal panels and hood. Fun car, but only did straight lines.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
That sounds like an awesome car! For a minute there I thought you were going to say it had a 392 hemi in it.

OP
OP
I

Idlehands78

Reaction score
That sounds like an awesome car! For a minute there I thought you were going to say it had a 392 hemi in it.
Haha no...thanks it's a really fun car to drive. Very quick, very responsive. Has Michelin Pilot Sports on it right now and man they have some grip. Eventually I'd like to swap out to a TKX 5 speed for track events, but that's way down the road. Right now I'm just trying to get my AC working for the central valley in CA. We're getting ready to start experiencing our "normal summer" of 100+ degrees for multiple days on end. So if I can get this done, I can focus getting the top replaced, rather than having a white on white with a separated window, to a black on white with a new top with AC.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
So while I was diagnosing my AC compressor issue (see my other thread if you want), I was looking around my new to me 94 GT Conv. and I noticed these two plugs, just hanging out by the accumulator. I don't see a male end or opposite connector anywhere nearby. My working theory is that they were left overs from the old 5.0 that used to live here before the previous owner dropped a 392 in it. I'm still finding all the fun bits and pieces about this car, but this one has my puzzled.

Any thoughts.View attachment 18125
your gonna wanna put that plug and that little pig wire back in its case or cover should be a plastic cap it fits perfect and protects that test port from dirt and water , if the prongs get rusted down inside that test port you will have nothing but problems , it will show faulty ecm or replace

OP
OP
I

Idlehands78

Reaction score
your gonna wanna put that plug and that little pig wire back in its case or cover should be a plastic cap it fits perfect and protects that test port from dirt and water , if the prongs get rusted down inside that test port you will have nothing but problems , it will show faulty ecm or replace
Good call. I'll see about finding something to cover it up with. I looked around and didn't see anywhere for it to go. luckily in central California we don't get much rain, but still, precaution isn't a bad thing, and it's cheap insurance.
Can you link the ac thread? I didn’t see it.
AC thread Sorry I put it in the general tech thread, didn't know where else to put it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online