Does anyone know which fuse disables the fuel?

gnx547

Reaction score
Before I fire up the engine I want to turn the motor over without the fuel to get oil pressure throughout the engine. The engine is rebuilt and has never been fired up. On the power distribution block, which fuse or relay disables the fuel injectors and fuel pump? The cover is not labeled and I don't have the owners manual.

rw95gt

Reaction score
Large 20amp fuse second one over if your standing on the driver side looking across the fuse box. I believe the first one is a 60amp and then the fuel one is next and its a 20amp. You could pull the distributor and prime the pump using a drill and a 1/4" socket TAPPED to a extension also. Donr drop the socket!

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

rw95gt

Reaction score
Wanted to add that stops the fuel pump the injectors will still work. The proper way to prime a engine is by pulling the distributor and using a drill.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
just disconnect the harness that is going to the inertia switch in the trunk and it will kill everything.

kb1982

Reaction score
Just unplug the distibutor wiring connector. The fuel rails will prime, but only for a short time (like 2 seconds). Without a pip signal to the ecm, the injectors wont fire nor will you have spark.

OP
OP
gnx547

gnx547

Reaction score
Wanted to add that stops the fuel pump the injectors will still work. The proper way to prime a engine is by pulling the distributor and using a drill.

Actually I did prime the engine using a drill several months ago. The engine has been sitting for awhile and I just want to turn it over for a few secs just to get oil through the engine before I fire it up.

JKady

Reaction score
just disconnect the harness that is going to the inertia switch in the trunk and it will kill everything.

This is what I do any time I need to disable the fuel on a Ford product, quick and easy and works every time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online