Doing some paint correction

smitdavi

Reaction score
Doing some paint correction on the beast before the All Ford/Mustang show next weekend. I get the back bumper resprayed early next week along with some dark tint. The paint isn't perfect, but it looks pretty damn good for it's age. Plus it isn't a show car. Tools I use are the Griots polishers, both 3" & 6". The 3" was a new addition and does a great job of getting into the tight spaces and the small curves of the body lines. I use the Chemical Guys v34/v36 then layer Ammo Reflex, Ammo Skin, and Meguiar's Carnauba to top it off. Some near future plans include side scoops, and wrapping the hood inserts in carbon fiber. I have an extra set to apply the cf to just incase things go south :)

IMG_4085_zpst6sqnp4g.jpg

IMG_4086_zpsnw59ix0z.jpg

IMG_4087_zpsoeymexgs.jpg

Rob04Mach1

Reaction score
ya man what he said the car looks great and I really dig the carbon fiber inside and out :thumbsup:

Ballistic

Reaction score
Looking good! Before i got my stang, i never really liked red, Then i discovered how good and shinny you can make red look.

How are you liking Ammo Products? I meet Larry at sema, very nice guy.

OP
OP
smitdavi

smitdavi

Reaction score
Looking good! Before i got my stang, i never really liked red, Then i discovered how good and shinny you can make red look.

How are you liking Ammo Products? I meet Larry at sema, very nice guy.

I love his products, specifically the paint regimen. The Hydrate/Skin/and Reflex are some of my favorite products and I feel they are pretty unique. The others I feel are fairly standard, just a different smell and color.

Nice car man. Can I have your wing?

Sure :D

I saw recently where they jacked up the price again. I think it's like $350 shipped now.

DFG_magic

Reaction score
I love his products, specifically the paint regimen. The Hydrate/Skin/and Reflex are some of my favorite products and I feel they are pretty unique. The others I feel are fairly standard, just a different smell and color.

Sure :D

I saw recently where they jacked up the price again. I think it's like $350 shipped now.

Very nice car! Is that the special carbon fiber rear spoiler? If so, how is the fit? Does it make contact with the rear quarters at any time? Great job on the paint correction, looks good!

OP
OP
smitdavi

smitdavi

Reaction score
Very nice car! Is that the special carbon fiber rear spoiler? If so, how is the fit? Does it make contact with the rear quarters at any time? Great job on the paint correction, looks good!

Thanks! I had adjusted it and the trunk latch to keep it from making contact but my trunk shocks are shot and I forgot one time and it came crashing down definitely making contact doing some marring in the area.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
[MENTION=21257]smitdavi[/MENTION]

Nice job on the paint correction :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online