Dont buy ebay knock offs

cameron57

Reaction score
Well guys just figured Id let some of you in on this info. I have bought some chinese knocks of american parts ie intake manifold and dizzy. I recently found out my intake was not flat where it goes to the heads so it runs like crap and has massive vaccum leaks. And I previously had bought a cheap dizzy and it also would not work correctly. So moral of the story thats stuff is cheap beacuse its junk. Any one else made this mistake?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've personally never seen Chinese knock offs of intake manifolds on Ebay nor would I ever be compelled to buy one.

What engine is this for specifically?

OP
OP
cameron57

cameron57

Reaction score
351w I bought some assualt racing junk... theres several for carb setup.

Sinned83

Reaction score
You should have asked around here before diving into stuff like that. Oh well you live and learn

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I can see the cheap ebay chineese 2nd rate products being worth the cost, but only if you have access to equipment for the corrections. Even still though, it takes time to correct and the added cost for 1st rate product comes out to be cheaper

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had to replace the fenders last year. Found one stock and one repoped. The stock fit perfect, the reproduction needed some work to get the gaps straight and then on top of that the metal is so much softer, you can feel it give way if you put much weight on it.

hotmustang95

Reaction score
I buy shit off Ebay all day long but It depends on the part. I just bought headlights, side markers, and a header panel. I would never buy intakes or sensors or heads.

OP
OP
cameron57

cameron57

Reaction score
Ya i think I will be able to make it work but its just aggravating cant even make a intake thats flat. Silicone is the answer!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
or take it to a machine show and have them take a little off. You could even probably help it with a long file...

venom

Reaction score
I bought a latch to put on with new hood. It would not close when bolts were tighten up. Put on stock and worked great. Stock made in Canada aftermarket China.

OP
OP
cameron57

cameron57

Reaction score
It just blows my mind that can make stuff for 10cents an hour. Youd think for another 5 cents they could do it right.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm anal, so I personally get even new heads and intakes checked at a machine shop for straightness. It's not uncommon for those ebay heads and stuff to need resurfacing

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
^ this is excellent knowledge

Never assume a new engine part is machined correctly.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have to agree that there are places I look to save a few bucks and get a new knock off and yet other times I would go with a 20 yr old oem part long before a new one. But as was said earlier when it came to my heads and my supercharger I just would not settle for less then NIB. Most of engine parts short of the dist I made sure I bought a quality new piece and still took the time to check them over closely. I know heads can be machined as well as superchargers but for those parts I would really rather know the whole history of then to hope that its been treated ok till I got it.

OP
OP
cameron57

cameron57

Reaction score
Silicone was a much easier fix!

OP
OP
cameron57

cameron57

Reaction score