Don't let this be you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
One guy taking advantage of an experienced Mustang owner that's all this is. I'm sure all of us can remember the time when our knowledge on these cars was non-existent. In fact, just reading thru some of these threads, it's very evident that a little bit of knowledge coupled with internet hearsay is a dangerous thing.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
what i would sound like if i tried to care about horsepower/racing

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
7.5" Pistons. Are we building locomotive engines?

On one hand I feel bad for the guy because he is sadly misinformed. Then on the other hand, I don't feel bad at all because he is trying to show off for people and he has no idea what's going on in there. Why can't people be honest when they don't know something and just say, "I don't know".

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
On one hand I feel bad for the guy because he is sadly misinformed. Then on the other hand, I don't feel bad at all because he is trying to show off for people and he has no idea what's going on in there.
Good point but I feel bad for the kid because the guy taking the video, is he egging him on by agreeing with him. I feel the guy taking the video knows something about Mustangs. Instead of educating him, he embarrasses him by taking a video.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Good point but I feel bad for the kid because the guy taking the video, is he egging him on by agreeing with him. I feel the guy taking the video knows something about Mustangs. Instead of educating him, he embarrasses him by taking a video.

Kind of how I feel about it.

Why not educate the kid instead of being a fawktard and just making fun of him.

Reminds me of a lot of trolls on the interwebs

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Makes me wonder if the kid had told "nuttnbutdatruth" would they have responded differently, or are they just daily dbags? Cant tell if internet trolls or just dudes trying to just show the extent of this persons lies...prob both..who knows..both are at fault

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
^ oh my ...

(inserted lots of funny crap here, but deleted cause im nice guy)

You funny!

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
^ oh my ...

(inserted lots of funny crap here, but deleted cause im nice guy)

You funny!

Dont hold back on my account, maybe i typed it unclear... if the kid just said he didnt know anything rather then BS, would some one have offered "education"....

This was basically what i was trying to say, ...typed from my phone after a few drinks, so sorry for the confusion.

On one hand I feel bad for the guy because he is sadly misinformed. Then on the other hand, I don't feel bad at all because he is trying to show off for people and he has no idea what's going on in there. Why can't people be honest when they don't know something and just say, "I don't know".

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Old video. And I don't feel bad for this "kid". Just another asshole who wants to feel special cause people are giving him attention. Howbout stop BSing and just say, nah man it's pretty stock. No, instead he wants to try to impress people.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Old video. And I don't feel bad for this "kid". Just another asshole who wants to feel special cause people are giving him attention. Howbout stop BSing and just say, nah man it's pretty stock. No, instead he wants to try to impress people.

Exactly, if this kid was looking "you" in the face and straight up lying through his teeth who would want to help him.... if he approached it like you said maybe he could have actually learned something useful

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Dont hold back on my account, maybe i typed it unclear... if the kid just said he didnt know anything rather then BS, would some one have offered "education"....

This was basically what i was trying to say, ...typed from my phone after a few drinks, so sorry for the confusion.

NO NO....you nailed it. I totally understand what youre getting at. You nailed!....lol

OP
OP
Nuttinbutcrumbs

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
One guy taking advantage of an experienced Mustang owner that's all this is. I'm sure all of us can remember the time when our knowledge on these cars was non-existent. In fact, just reading thru some of these threads, it's very evident that a little bit of knowledge coupled with internet hearsay is a dangerous thing.

I'm w ya Mr. Plummer. These cars and cars in general. When I was his age we relied on magazine articles and HotRod tv to sell us BS that cai's and cat-backs would add 40 hp. When K&N first hit the scene their commercials would claim a 20 hp gain from a drop in filter. Now their big push is that they're better for the environment, I guess the cats outta the bag.
My "come to Jesus moment" regarding bolt-on's was in the late 90's/ early '00's when Horsepower TV (formerly known as HotRod) got their chassis dyno. They'd throw on like $1500 worth of bolt-ons and they'd always say. "Wow! That's a gain of 15 hp at the wheels!" I was bummed.

Don't Sext and Drive.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
this one is worse imo. And I think even older if that is hard to believe.

[video=youtube;WlDLybhuOH0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlDLybhuOH0[/video]

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
NO NO....you nailed it. I totally understand what youre getting at. You nailed!....lol

:thumbsup: just wanted to be sure. Thanks for clarifying. When i read your last post i thought i maybe typed it all f**ked up or somthing!! lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online