Door and Fender Problem

97ponygt

Reaction score
Need some help as to what my action plan should be in regards to the current problem I'm facing. Long story short, about a two months ago someone rear-ended my car right on my drivers side fender. It created some kind of dent that made my front fender and driver side door hit each other every time I open my door. Now where the two grind together, rust is starting to form. Obviously I can just get a new fender for the drivers side, but what do I do about the door?

Is there an cost effective way of fixing a little bit of rust on the edge of my door? Or should I look for a replacement at a junk yard?

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
If you got hit sooo hard in the rear that the door hits the fender then the frame is bent. Insurance will total the car.
You can try loosening the fender bolts and pull it fwd as much as you can. Or roll the front lip of the door or pull out the center of the fender so there's no more contact. Just going to be trial and error really.

RichV

Reaction score
Yea, kinda confused on your post. Is your fender or quarter panel damaged?

You got rear ended, like someone hit you in the rear end? Or someone backed into your front fender?

If your door is out of whack from a rear end hit, probably some serious structural damage. If the front fender is just tweaked causing contact with the door, replace the bent fender, spray a little primer on the rust spot, have the paint shop touch it up when you have it sprayed.

OP
OP

97ponygt

Reaction score
Yea, kinda confused on your post. Is your fender or quarter panel damaged?

You got rear ended, like someone hit you in the rear end? Or someone backed into your front fender?

If your door is out of whack from a rear end hit, probably some serious structural damage. If the front fender is just tweaked causing contact with the door, replace the bent fender, spray a little primer on the rust spot, have the paint shop touch it up when you have it sprayed.

Yeah sorry, didn't mean to confuse anyone, someone backed into my front fender. And cool, I will do that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter