Door hits finder when opening. (crash after math)

95RedGt

Reaction score
So my buddy ran his 98 vert into a median tonight. Busted front tire/rim and rear tire. Normal concrete median 5 or 6 inches tall. We got the car home but the driver door (side of impact) is hitting the fender. Is there a way to adjust the fender or do you guys think the damage is worse since it is a convertable. Doesnt look like the fender hit the median any where on the bottom. Any input is apreciated.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
ouch! man it sounds like something was bent along the subframe maybe idk...but yea, you can do some things to tweek the door/fender gap. there are bolts along the top of the fender of coarse, also 2 in the door jamb right by the door hinge attached to the fender. some in the fender well also. the door itself has hinges that you can schimmy with different size washers also. but yea, sounds like some structural damage my man, lol. this is a temp. fix.

once you loosen all the fender bolts it can be moved slightly in all directions.

RichV

Reaction score
Ya, sounds like the tub is tweaked. Musta been a pretty hard hit.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
I had this happen to my car with the hit and run. My buddy fixed it for free. He took off that little L shape piece by the front tire under the GT emblem. Then removed 2 bolts and kind of massaged my fender away from the door then tightened up the bolts and it was fixed in less than 5 minutes.

OP
OP
95RedGt

95RedGt

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Been busy at work. We did loosen the fender as everyone mentioned. Seems to work fie now.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you could have just shifted the fender back an 1/8". Loosen up the screws and see if you can move it back into place.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online

No members online now.