Door key not disabling alarm

Phoenix0783

Reaction score
If I unlock the car with the key on my '97 Cobra and then open the door the alarm goes off without fail. Tips on where to start?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can't remember when they tied into the door locks on mustangs but there is a chance it has nothing to do with it. Try turning the ignition on/off 5-8 times.

OP
OP
P

Phoenix0783

Reaction score
I can't remember when they tied into the door locks on mustangs but there is a chance it has nothing to do with it. Try turning the ignition on/off 5-8 times.
Isn't that the process for adding a key to pats? The key starts the car fine.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have no idea never programmed a pats key but I know the code alarm system that ford used would reset with the ignition cycled 5 times.

OP
OP
P

Phoenix0783

Reaction score
I have no idea never programmed a pats key but I know the code alarm system that ford used would reset with the ignition cycled 5 times.
Ah. Nice. I will try that tomorrow. Thanks!

Maybe the key was matched to pats but not the alarm or something?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
There is no matching the key to the alarm. You match the remote to it but if its hooked up to the drives door lock it will not matter if your key turns it or if its jimmied with a screw driver that turns it. As long as its turned it would turn it off but I don't think the majority of the alarms go to the door.

AUTOBAHN

Reaction score
I also have a problem with mine. When I turn the key to unlock the driver's door the alarm sounds off. I have been using the key fob to lock & unlock all the time now because of it.

Mike

AUTOBAHN

Reaction score
so your alarm goes off no matter if you arm it or not when you open your door?
Just turning the key to unlock the door (not opening) would set it off.

I took the door apart this morning. Pulled the lock cylinder and switch. Cleaned everything, re-assembled the door. Now it works perfectly!!
@ Phoenix0783 - hope your having the same luck getting yours fixed.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995