Door panel redo?

d.garza18

Reaction score
I’m interested in replacing the material on my door panels, has anyone done so? Does the top portion of the panel have to be separated from the lower half?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yes they will need to be separated to cover. That is not the hard part the hard part is putting them back together. I saw recently someone had theirs done by a pro shop and they used a combination of nuts/bolts and epoxy to put them back together as you end up basically breaking them apart more than anything.

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
yes they will need to be separated to cover. That is not the hard part the hard part is putting them back together. I saw recently someone had theirs done by a pro shop and they used a combination of nuts/bolts and epoxy to put them back together as you end up basically breaking them apart more than anything.
Thanks, and I’ve read similar write ups. I wonder what the neatest way of separating them (breaking them) without doit to much damage?? Also I think I’m going to try the epoxy, and if I can find screws that won’t stick out the other side. Also when it comes to fabric could I just cut it out and glue the new piece on instead of sewing it?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
There are plastic tabs that go through the panel and then were melted basically into one piece. The job I saw had all the screws hidden on the back, it looked stock from the front except the new covering. I know harbor freight sells a plastic welding kit where you use heated staples and something like that might work as well.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Drill out the plastic wells and then use melted abs or epoxy later to reconnect. Scott can tell you all about how to melt abs the easy way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Staff online

Members online