Door Window Replacement Help?

lutter94

Reaction score
How do I go about replacing the drivers door window glass? I assume taking the regulator off the bottom, but then does it pull out the top? Have to remove some weather striping first? Want to know for sure before I order parts lol.

9838stang

Reaction score
remove the inner weather striping, and careful for the window stops inside they can scratch the window. make sure you have rivets to replace the window.

Why are you removing it?

OP
OP
L

lutter94

Reaction score
I've glued that front bracket on countless times with countless glues. I see that I can get the entire glass/brackets for $90 shipped. Figured screw it, and replace the whole thing since the new glass/bracket should hold better than everything i've tried. Longest hold was 2 weeks before it fell off again.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fit-1994-20...ash=item2a4dc74986:g:6FkAAOSwv0tVCLKq&vxp=mtr

s-l1600.jpg

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Yeah i have, my first and only time doing it was a nightmare. Drilling out the rivets isn't the easiest based on location.

9838stang

Reaction score
I've glued that front bracket on countless times with countless glues. I see that I can get the entire glass/brackets for $90 shipped. Figured screw it, and replace the whole thing since the new glass/bracket should hold better than everything i've tried. Longest hold was 2 weeks before it fell off again.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fit-1994-20...ash=item2a4dc74986:g:6FkAAOSwv0tVCLKq&vxp=mtr

s-l1600.jpg

My dad has done glass for many years, and he did my passenger window last fall. He pulled the window out pulled all of the old glue / adhesive out of the clip and then used 80 grit sandpaper on the window itself and in the track slash part that holds it in. Then he used urethane the same stuff they use on windshield and back glass is on cars

9838stang

Reaction score
Another thing is that he told me do not use the window for at least Forty-Eight Hours. Also do not roll the window all the way up and put pressure on the window.

OP
OP
L

lutter94

Reaction score
How do you know where to already align the clip if it's not in the car? The pic above is the new style. Mine has individual clips glued on. And I've done the sandpaper thing and waited three days before rolling up all the way. Always did it thru the speaker hole.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Mark em on the glass, you should still be able to see the outline. I mean they were on there for yeeeears.

Tha trap house.

OP
OP
L

lutter94

Reaction score
I've scraped glue off about a half a dozen times. Believe me, the original glue is long gone at this point. I scraped/sanded, then pushed the bracket on full of glue, and slid it into the track. Maybe it was too far? I assumed when it stopped, it was placed correctly.

9838stang

Reaction score
you might just have to say screw it and put in that window. if it is already glues together then you shouldnt have an issue. Not sure how that version will work... really tight to get the old window and tabs out...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online