drag strip virgin....

Stangbangin

Reaction score
I've been around cars all my life practically grew up at the drags but I have yet to make a pass on the 1320 with me as the driver. Any tips for posting a decent time first time so I don't embarrass myself.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea don't get nervous when you pull up to the stageing beam :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Try to relax and get a good lauch, make clean crisp shifts and keep the throttle floored the entire time, also have your seat in a upright position so you have a very good view of the road ahead and are aware of everything going on ( remember your racing not cruising the strip) Since you have never been before, incase you dont know the lights leave on the last YELLOW dont wait for the green to go........your reaction will be slower than the lights change so go on the LAST YELLOW

OP
OP
S

Stangbangin

Reaction score
I guessed I always wondered about traction should I leave at like 3000 rpm or do you think I'd spin?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Stangbangin said:
I guessed I always wondered about traction should I leave at like 3000 rpm or do you think I'd spin?

are you running on street tires or DR's? If you have regular street tires, you will have to come out at a low rpm and ease out of the clutch, you want wheel spin but a minimal amount. Around 1800 or so with street tires ( you will have to try it out to find the best rpm) and gradual throttle until your in it 100%. If you have drag radials you can come out much harder 3 or even 4 grand, it just depends on how well the track is prepped, how new your DR's are and how well you can drive and your rear set up. Low tire pressure is also important with DR's

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online