Dragon plenum question

adamv7010

Reaction score
Is there anything to be gained with one? I found a 01 gt in the junkyard with an afteemarket elbow on it...its ovaled and doesn't have a tight bend radius. Had a 'dragon' sticker thing on top. For 20$ I guess its decent.

I'm going to dig deeper into the motor...its got a few decals on it that lead me to believe the previous owner might have had some good parts. It does have long tubes on it as well

sent while driving recklessly

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
If its a cobra style throttle body dragon plenum...that things like $300new. Either way....your doing good if you score an aftermarket plenum for $20bones!

OP
OP
A

adamv7010

Reaction score
You have a link? I can't find it online and I didn't take a picture

Edit

It looks just like this
by4ezygy.jpg

chris91

Reaction score
Yes DEFINITELY worth $20. Years ago when they tested all the big names the dragon came in like second. I have one on my car is it seems to do pretty well with my 75mm TB.

chris91

Reaction score
Duff you think there's that much to gain going from the dragon to accufab? Just curious is all. Would like to get the most outta my lil setup.

OP
OP
A

adamv7010

Reaction score
Yes DEFINITELY worth $20. Years ago when they tested all the big names the dragon came in like second. I have one on my car is it seems to do pretty well with my 75mm TB.

I'll try to get back & pick it up. I wasn't sure about it really. It kinda looks like an eBay part lol

I wish I knew what cams were in the car Lol. There's a comp decal under the hood...but we all know about decals.

There's a bama and american muscle decal as well...so i guess that's better than NOS and Edelbrock decals.

chris91

Reaction score
See how much they want for the heads. If the cams end up being stock you can always sell the heads for a couple hundred.

OP
OP
A

adamv7010

Reaction score
Heads are like 40 each. Might be worth it just to snag em to sell for a pi swap for a non pi member

chris91

Reaction score
Yeah I'd definitely pull the heads and make some profit and hopefully a set of cams too.

OP
OP
A

adamv7010

Reaction score
I snagged the elbow, but not the heads yet. The car was in a front end collision and everything is pushed back, making the already aggravating enough to get to, that much worse.

What do pi swaps sell for on average?

Also, the dragon elbow has a smaller nipple for the passenger side PVC hose than the stock elbow. What's the remedy for this?

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
You may not "gain" a ton but accufab is 10x the product. Mihovitz is THE fastest modular in the world... he owns the company, pshhhh I run accufab / nuff said

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Your not gonna find an accufab for $20 so you hit the jackpot plus the performance gains are minimal if any.

They changed the plenums a little in 00 or 01.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Rolleyes...lol

Why ?

Your not gonna find an accufab for $20 so you hit the jackpot plus the performance gains are minimal if any.

They changed the plenums a little in 00 or 01.

I never said you would, but it, resell and get an accufab. Physical gain from a plenum is negligible, but the flow and reliability/ consistency furthere down and on other cars is greater

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah